The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
leddzepp

My "Barn Find" C-20

I picked up this truck the other day from a local Craig's List ad that I responded to a many months back. The ad simply read: "1972 Chevy truck" and the email contact. We never hooked up because of timing and other stuff coming up. He did however say it was a big block. I was looking for a big block for my 72 short bed,and I figured this woud be as close to numbers matching that I would get. His price was decent, so I figured I could sell it in pieces to make up the difference. When I called him, he said he still had it. When I went to check it out, I found out why. Number one, the ad was very vague, and had no picture. Number two, he was in the biggest ghetto east of Los Angeles, and most people wouldn't even dream of going there during the day, much less at night. Night was the only time he was available, and that worked for me, so that's how it went. I grew up in a ghetto, and was familiar with the area, so did not have a problem with it.

When I got there, it was located in a detached 1-car garage/shack. Older homes, and this was very common. It was covered in junk, blankets, and all kinds of crap. I got it home a few days later. All dealing s were at night, before I got to actually get it out and clean it up and look at it. Here are some pics...what do you think? More on the story later... its late here!
Attached Images

leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote