The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #1
Dazzoman

Re: What can be said about the 4-speed New Process NV833 overdrive manual transmissio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonball98312 View Post
I know its been awhile since anyones posted here but was curious if anyone has experience with the van my6. Im buying a 89 g20 that has this transmission. Mostly curious about the shifter. Pretty sure ill have to swap the stick but is the shifter in the same location as the trucks? I know the transmount is further back. I was also suprised that it being a 89 it was still a mechanical clutch and not hydraulic

I bought one online only to find out the factory (made by hurst) shifter was indeed positioned farther away than the truck application . I sold it and found another that did fit a bit closer to the seat . I got around that by removing the shifter rod and heat bending it enough to reach around for the seat clearance .
The photos here with the red brick background are my old photos I took . Hope this helps .
Dazzoman is offline   Reply With Quote