The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
DT1

New Guy Here with Comments and Q's

Hi everyone. I have a 71 C-10 Cheyenne that I'm in the process of restoring. After seeing all of the posted pictures of your trucks, I know I have to work hard to achieve the level of perfection most of you have obtained. This is not my first restoration but it promises to be one of the most challenging. At first it started to be a simple paint job but as always, (especially after seeing your trucks) I'm going to try to set my standards much higher. I can afford to take as much time as I need to produce the level of eye candy that most of you have. After all, this is the one vehicle that I most love to drive and it gets driven every time I have absolutely no place to go.
My question is about the side and back molding. I took great pains to message it back to original. After checking out some of the pictures of the side molding top pieces, I realize that they were painted improperly, so I'll have to redo them. After paint, I plan to re-install it myself. This is where I'm nervous. Any tips on how to go about it without scratching the hell out of the new paint would be greatly appreciated.

DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote