The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
nationsfinestra

Newbie from AZ Questions

Ok its my first time posting here, so I've got a few questions.

First I'm debating between an '89 Stepside and a 67-72 SWB, or LWB, but preferrably a Suburban. The main reason why I'm going to purchase a new truck is for towing. Of course I'm going to make it cool too, however the main purpose here is to pull my van. After looking on these boards, I noticed there are a lot of people here from AZ. I'm from Scottsdale myself, and I'd love to meet up with some of these guys and ask them a ton of questions.

The other thing here is I'm curious about swb vs lwb. I know that the "preferred" route is a swb, but I find lwb trucks all over the place. Before I get a bunch of people saying which way I should go, I'll just say that I'm not sure yet. I do know that you can cut up a long bed and make it a short bed -- so who has done it and where do you have to cut the bed? The frame I'm not so worried about, but I am curious about the bed.

I'm also wondering what I should expect to pay for a truck or suburban. The one 'burban I've found was going for $6g's, and I've found 72 lwb's going for as little as $1500. My concern isn't the shape of the body, its the running condition of the motor. Hell I'll even build one from the frame up if thats what it takes. Any suggestions?
'89 Isuzu Amigo
'01 Ford Ranger
nationsfinestra is offline   Reply With Quote