The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
Rednek13x

1957 Chevy Longbed Project

I figured i better start a build thread not only for others to see, but for my self to look back on. I purchased the pickup 3 years ago from my neighbor. Sat for the first two years and last spring i finally replaced the clutch and got it running and on the road. I put about 1000 miles on and was flawless.

When i originally got the truck, i wanted to restore it to like original, but after looking at how much work it would be (i live in the rust belt) and the fun factor of just driving the thing changed my mind. After driving it around for 1000 miles i figured out where i want to go with it. I think.... It defiantly needs a bigger, faster and louder engine, the 235 doesnt cut it. Id like a T56 6 speed tranny but a 700R4 will have to do for right now. In the next 2 months i will be building a mild Vortec 5.7 carbureted for it. Suspension and handling defiantly need to be upgraded. Right now its a stock 3/4, basically stiff, granted it is a fun rough ride. It feels pretty dangerous. Steering is pretty sloppy also. Another problem i seen lacking is the BADASS look... so to fix the handling/suspension and the lack of badass appearance i am bagging it. I am going to build the rear C notch and probably buy or make my 4 link kit. Dont have any experience with them. For the front, im not quite sure of yet, but i can figure that out when i get there.

Thats enough for now, ill post pictures to get caught up to where i am at now.
Rednek13x is offline   Reply With Quote