The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
TheSeeker

250 IL6 to SBC swap

Hey all, I recently developed a pretty bad low end knock in my stock 250. I want to pull the motor and swap out to a small block. I am currently starting with a bone stock 6 cyl truck. If anyone has done this swap, can you tell me what I would need to complete it start to finish? Kind of a parts list cheat sheet if you will, (Fuel line changes? Cross member? Can I use the 3 speed manual I have? etc.) I am sure I can complete the project ina few weeks with good buddies and good brews, but dont want to go in unprepared. Thanks in advance for any insight!

p.s. I know a lot of folks like the old 6 banger, I did too, I think it gives the truck character and was cool to see at shows. However, I daily drive this truck, and tracking down parts, pullies, brackets etc to fix it/rebuild it and add air and ps, is a huge pain. Anyone who has owned one of these 6's will tell you the parts supply and price is a huge con to owning one instead of the sbc. :/
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote