The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2004, 11:18 AM   #1
RonB

1988/99 Chevy Extcab Longbed 2wld. For Sale

The body is nice on this truck. Silver paint is typical for GM and thin in a few places and the ext cab corners need some attention, but the rest of the truck is real nice. Truck was Ziebarted when it was new, probably why the rust isn't there. The blue interior is very, very nice. Rugs have cover the carpet since new and the seats are stain/tear free. The truck was purchased with 88,000 miles on it. The front end was checked out, a couple new joints were replaced and realigned. New exhaust with 3" single pipe and Flow Master muffler w/4" chrome tailpipe. The heads were removed and replaced with a new set that were on our shelf. They are a 300hp/350 head which bumped the compression up a bit (9-9 1/2 to 1), new rings, bearings, oil pump were also done at that time. The truck ran flawlessly since.

Phase II at 105,000: 2" drop spindles, new bearings, races, seals. new front springs, new shocks, new rotors, new calipers, new pads. New rear springs, new shocks, new drums, new wheel cylinders, new shoes, new parking brake cables (2). New axle bearings & races (complete), new seals, new locking differential. New U-joints (3 sets), rebalanced the driveshaft. Completely rebuilt the 700R4 transmission for towing and HD use, including new converter. New HD Reese receiver with weight distribution bars extending forward to rear axle. Complete new airbag system w/on board compressor and cab gauges/controls. New wheel opening moldings. New taillight lenses (custom), COMPLETE NEW 1999 front end with composite headlamps, Zenon bulbs and etc. ($600) New rear chrome step bumper with 7 pin RV recepticle and 12V 4 gauge wire plug (for winch or ???). New COMPLETE R22 AC system with compressor, evap, receiver/dryer, hoses, etc. ($800). New waterpump. New hoses, belts and all filters. New battery. Flushed and serviced the radiator. New Kelly Safari SUV 24570R15 tires mounted on the factory chrome, steel SS wheels. Tires have less than 8,000 miles on them. New chrome center caps (still in box to be installed).

This truck was revamped to look like a 1999 and to be as good as a new one! We planned to take quite a few trips towing our travel trailer and never wanted any trouble. I have over $4500 in the last restoration alone. There is so much more that has been done that I cannot begin to cover it all on here. I am a mechanic by trade and this was done mostly by me for my family and I.....no short cuts and only top notch work. Every accessory is on relays, all wiring is in looms, every extra part is made to look factory installed. This truck will NEVER bring what's been spent to get it like this.

We are forced to sell this truck. I have switched jobs and money is quite tight until everything gets going, so we need to sell our labor of love!! Seriously, if you have any questions please call me at 309-338-1576 or write me at Jussbnme@sybertech.net You will not be disappointed with this truck. While it is a 88 model showing 133,000 miles, nothing is left that would have any wear on it......just a good (if not better) than one with 30,000 original miles! The AC, windows, locks, cruise, tilt, PS, lights......everything works. The CD sounds nice. You get the idea. $5500/partial trade possible.

Contact Phone Number: 309-338-1576
RonB is offline   Reply With Quote