The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2003, 04:50 AM   #1
LeRoy
Registered truck nut

1989 Chevy 4x4 1 ton Crewcab F.S.

$1600 OBO
This truck has the 350 TBI, Turbo 400, NP205, Rear 14 bolt, Front 3/4 ton Dana 44, 4.10 gears, Non-dually, Runs, drives, stops fairly well, body is decent, around 140K miles, P.S., P.B., no power windows, tilt, or AC. Truck does need some work. I bought it for the Dana 60 and replaced it with my 3/4 ton Dana 44 out of my K5. I fixed some minor issues but it needs more. For starters:
- I have no keys and start it with a socket. With the tumbler out it shouldn't cost more then around $50 to get a set of keys made for it
- The tranny line had a pin hole in it so I cut the bad out and put in a temp. fix of rubber. It'll last but a new line should be put in.
- I hotwired one of the fuel pumps to get the truck started. It's probably a bad Oil Pressure switch as it's in line with the fuel pump relays but I didn't want to spend any money on it to get it fixed right.
- The truck didn't come with a front driveline but I have one that'll work but not installed
- Drivers side window needs a new gasket cheap to buy
- Windshield has cracks but doesn't hinder visiblity
- Front needs new brake pads
- Somethings off with the TBI as it stumbles sometimes on takeoff
-Could be related to the jumpered fuel pump but don't know for sure
- Body wise the tailgate is dented up but functional, front bumper is a tad twisted, front grill is barely hanging on, drivers side fender has a ding in it, drivers side door is crinkled but functional, and pasenger side rear door has a slight crease. This plus misc. small dings throughout
- Interior wise it's pretty good, nothing major to report except some minor tears here and there
I figure for around $300 in junkyard new sheetmetal and some paint this truck could be nice. It sounds alot worse then it really is. I'm not firm on the price so feel free to come and take a look and go for a drive. Thanks

Last edited by LeRoy; 10-04-2003 at 03:01 PM.
LeRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 04:55 AM   #2
LeRoy
Registered truck nut

needs a good cleaning

Attached Images