The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
wheatlandbrawler

PROJECT bottle baby 68 short wide. part deux.

ok guys heres the deal i posted this up in a build thread in another sub category i guess you would call it and where i posted it up the guys just are not into what im doing. so im reposting the thread here in hopes of getting a little more feedback on the whole set up and just support in general.

well guys uncle sam said i could come home. so what better way to spend my off time then to work on my true love. im not building a 100k riddlers truck. im building a street ruler, strip contender haha. im 22 years old and everything i have done to this truck i have done my self and im always excited to learn and feel the final results any input that my fellow TRUXERS have is always appreciated.

BUILD INFO

1968 c-10 short wide (aquired at 16 years old) after wich i totaled. the old man said have fun heres a tool box. been hooked ever since.

rear running gear is a 9inch with 33 spline axles, full spool, and 3:55 gears. coil overs and factory trailing arms that i have boxed in. with a home made adjustable pan hard bar.

front suspension is a 87 front end, disc brakes, c notched and boxed in. factory spindles. competition engineering drag shocks.

the best part! THE ENGINE AND DRIVE GEAR.
388 small block. callies crank, eagle forged rods, JE pistons. dart pro 1 cnc ported aluminum heads. comp hydraulic roller cam. victor jr. port matched and epoxied intake with 1 inch milled off the top for a wilson tapered spacer. nitrous express twin gemini plate system with a NANO system. msd distributor, MSD 6al box, MSD timing retard box. jacobs nitrous master mind. the real fun part richmond 5 speed with a mcleoud triple disc clutch.

the truck will run a full 3 inch exhaust and set on weld pro star wheels.

the body will get a good rub down at the end of this summer.

hope you guys enjoy as i post pics through the build. the combo has changed a few times and im sure it will change a few more times as i get further into it.

every part listed i have allready and just waiting for a lil warmer weekend to stab everything and get to tuning.
Attached Images

Last edited by wheatlandbrawler; 03-02-2010 at 05:05 PM.
wheatlandbrawler is offline   Reply With Quote