The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2003, 03:22 AM   #1
lost wages

led tail light problems?

i had a deal going with ruemster to get a set of the led lights but as most of you know he seems to be MIA. I saw a few posts about people not being able to get ahold of him and they were having problems with these lights, what was wrong with them? i would still like a set but want to know what the opinion of them is now that they have been in use for awhile. thanks.
lost wages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #2
Wreck

Are they the whole light assembly or are they just the LED bulb replacement for the 1157....I was thinking on trying the LED lights from AutoZone, but they are like 8 bucks a piece...if they are the whole assembly, does anyone have a pic?
Wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 12:14 PM   #3
19mike69

hello Wreck....looks like we are neighbors
19mike69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 12:21 PM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Wreck, these are a fulll assembly that if memory serves, they replace the whole tail light bucket.
What are the problems people been having? I was unaware of anything.
I know he moved, but he always seemed liek an stand up guy and I doubt he is/will avoid anyone haveing problems with his product.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 02:47 PM   #5
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

They don't replace the bucket, they just sit in it.

I've got a set in mine and I love it; I do need to address some issues (right blinker on causes left to go to low or off even when brakes are on) but since I've switched the panels side-to-side, it's not the lights, it's a crappy ground somewhere.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:46 PM   #6
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Here is the problem I have. He sent me some rear inserts just to try out, free of charge and they worked great. Then he made up some inserts for my front parking light/turn signals. I installed those and had all kinds of problems. With the headlights (and parking lights) off, they seem to work okay. However, when I have the parking lights or headlights on, one side will flash but the other side won't. I swapped the front inserts side to side and had the same problem on the opposite side. So, I'm pretty sure the problem is within the insert itself. I asked him to send me another set of rears so I could plug them into my front sockets just to make certain that the front inserts were the problem. He said he would, but now he's MIA.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:42 PM   #7
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

The only problem I found was there are no directions...and I damaged the first pair I installed. Now I give specific directions to all customers I sell these to. I urge you to "BE VERY CAREFUL" installing them. When they go in right, they are trouble-free and the guys are really good about standing behind them. They do look great!
Old 06-09-2003, 12:02 AM   #8
BUXMAN66
go bucks!

i had some prob.s w/ one of my panels and all i had to do was contact the maker of the assembly. the name of the guy at d2m technologies is randy aldridge his # is 512-828-3661. upon talking w/ randy it was explained to me that ryan reum(aka reumster) had moved and had not gotten his online capabilities set-up yet.when you start up a bizness venture you go through a period sometimes of trying to set up your manufacturing/devolopment and you can't keep up w/ cost expenditures,and such and sometimes people get pissed at you for lack of communication,etc......the company that he decided to go into manuf. of the product,d2m tech. has been very courteous and responsive to deal w/ and i have nothing but good things in how they've dealt w/ me.(btw,9 times out of 10 the problems can be traced back to grounding problems)the problem that i had was the circuit board was grounding itself out against the taillight housing.they had been putting three or four horizontal strips of silicone bead along the back of the board to buffer the back-side of the board from the housing.well, w/ my bezels. the added pressure of the mounting of the bezels was pressing the circuit board harder against the housing and grounding or rather frying some of the diodes and making it do all kinds of crazy sh@t.d2m solution was to apply extra silcone beading on the board back-side. they fixed a couple of the led's that had burnt out also,and along w/ the added silicone i haven't had a problem.hope this helps some of ya.sorry for the long story!
'96 gmc sonoma sle ext-cab. hey it's a 4cyl. 5 spd and good on gas y'know?
BUXMAN66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 01:52 AM   #9
lost wages

thats cool, i just wanted to know how they were holding up, he seems to be a nice guy and helpful, he hasnt been on the board for a while and like i said i had a deal going with him, no big deal. im sure when he gets settled in he will be around. thanks guys.
lost wages is offline   Reply With Quote