The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
BobRitts

Broken Rubbers??

Okay - so I went ahead and bought a "repaint rubber kit" a while back. Rubber parts have been on the truck for about 2-3 months and are already cracking!! Door handle seals, fuel neck filler - look worse than the stock (34 year old stock ones) did!!!

Anyone have this happen / is there a place to get GOOD rubber parts from? Any suggestions appreciated... I'm a little miffed that the ol girl is just barely getting back on the road and the rubber parts are already cracked! Maybe there is some kind of sealant / treatment to apply...

TIA

Last edited by BobRitts; 11-11-2006 at 12:13 PM.
BobRitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
my67C10

Re: Broken Rubbers??

get ahold of the company that you got them from and let them know how unhappy you are and let them know what the problem is. the ones you got could have been froma bad batch of rubber. i had bought a CD player in 04 it workded for about 2 weeks and everything worked and sounded great. one day go to turn the cd player on and i had no vocals, i thought it was the radio station that had dead air time, and out of no where POP flap flap flap it blew out all my speakers (including my $300 sub) long story short i sent it back with a note telling them what had happened and said that they could keep their paper weight. about three weeks later i got a replacement CD player speakers and sub, all the same exact ones as before. if you buy something and it goes bad in no time the company will usually go out of their way to make it good.
my67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
BarryB

Yeah let the people know who you got it from, they do usually go out of their way to make you happy. Word of mouth gets around pretty quick. BAD advertising!! if you know what I mean. they don't want that, or they wouldn't be in business.
As for a quality rubber parts. My preference is Soff seal. thats me though.
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #4
John @ BROTHERS

Hey BobRitts, Please either call us or email me, JC@BROTHERSTRUCKS.COM, with the parts that have failed along with your last name & zip code and I will get new ones on the way.
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #5
BobRitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROTHERSTRUCKS View Post
Hey BobRitts, Please either call us or email me, JC@BROTHERSTRUCKS.COM, with the parts that have failed along with your last name & zip code and I will get new ones on the way.
Man - talk about customer service - that would be awesome. I'll be in touch off line. Thanks!
BobRitts is offline   Reply With Quote