The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
kev2809
low n' slo

Another fender dillema...

well, i went and picked up a new 67 fender on saturday (along with a hood, driver fender, and grille - in which i dont need so i guess ill be selling). well, i already knew it needed a front cup, no big deal. when i go to take off the chrome trim, i find rust along the arch. well, no im wondering if i should just make 1 out of 2? my original fender i have, is perfect except the huge dent and rust in the fender cup. what i was thinking was cutting the fender right before the dent, all the way off, and cutting off the same portion on the new fender i got, and welding it all back together. now, i still would have to get a new front lower cup, but at least i get to save my good original fender. if i use the new one, i would have to replace the cup, and the wheel arch. just wanted to get some opinions...heres some pics!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
the rust is like this further back on the arch also...

heres my original fender that i would be welding a piece from the new one on..
[IMG][/IMG]

the cut would be right where the bird poop is on that last pic, straight up and down all the way through

Last edited by kev2809; 07-27-2009 at 08:26 PM.
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote