The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2009, 03:42 AM   #1
Flat 67

I was warned.....

Two years ago i was warned not to sell my 67 C-30 duallie after putting up this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat 67 View Post
Well, Truck Addicts, I have made the hard decision to sell my truck and get out of the trucking hobby completely. Owning my 67 C-30 duallie was one of my greatest joys. But, being a perfectionist with very limited resources was making me go crazy. Months would go by and nothing would get done because I was always trying to make it come out perfect, and knowing how rare and special these trucks are made it that much harder. I sure had high hopes for my duallie and will be posting it up for sale. Maybe someone can finish what I started. I sure enjoyed the time I spent with you guys and I considered you all friends......................Flat67
And I was given good advice such as this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
Flat,I too hate to see you sell.I know working on a budget is a trying way to build a truck and being a perfectionist doesn't help.Just remember that the best ones are built that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0WRIDE View Post
But if you sell and get out for good, you wont be complete (do I sound like a chick?) keep it for awhile - take a break and then look at it with fresh eyes and see how you feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z16 View Post
I did this once. Sold my truck and all my parts. Even stopped buying magazines and goiing to shows. I had new hobbies, and I thought I didn't need to work on vehicles. I was wrong. Once it's in your blood, you can't get rid of it..... and if you think not finishing your truck will drive ya crazy, wait till you don't have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motopatzo View Post
I totally agree......once it's in your blood, you're hooked......betcha you'll have to get another truck soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86swb View Post
Hate to see you sell your truck and leave the board but I have a feeling you will be back. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Maybe you just need a break for a while. Hope to see you back soon!
.....And I went ahead and got rid of it anyway. It wasn't long before I started to miss it. What had I done! So you guessed it, the search began for another one. So one day about a year ago I came across this. The price was fair so I bought it.......I know you guys like pics,more coming up as the story continues......
Attached Images

Last edited by Flat 67; 09-05-2009 at 04:28 AM. Reason: type-o
Flat 67 is offline   Reply With Quote