The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Denee007

opinions here

I had put my original seat that came with my Apache on CL, and I told my husband I was just going to give them away to make room in the garage, but this guy wrote before I deleted the ad, and he wrote this below: Considering trade or whatever:

the man wrote:
"i have a set of hooker comp headers for a sbc (new in box), a 10bolt rearend w/limited slip set up for disc,a sony 10 disc cd changer, an infinity kappa series 4 ch amp,a boss 850w riot amp 2ch and the mid speakers for the infinity. does anything i have interest you? "

I wrote him back saying I may be interested in the headers or the rear end. My rear end is a 12 bolt, non posi with drum brakes. So I wrote him back asking about the headers, I don't think I want header other than stock, so that kind of leaves me looking at his rear axle! oh me!
what would you do??
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: opinions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee007 View Post
I had put my original seat that came with my Apache on CL, and I told my husband I was just going to give them away to make room in the garage, but this guy wrote before I deleted the ad, and he wrote this below: Considering trade or whatever:

the man wrote:
"i have a set of hooker comp headers for a sbc (new in box), a 10bolt rearend w/limited slip set up for disc,a sony 10 disc cd changer, an infinity kappa series 4 ch amp,a boss 850w riot amp 2ch and the mid speakers for the infinity. does anything i have interest you? "

I wrote him back saying I may be interested in the headers or the rear end. My rear end is a 12 bolt, non posi with drum brakes. So I wrote him back asking about the headers, I don't think I want header other than stock, so that kind of leaves me looking at his rear axle! oh me!
what would you do??
You can always trade the rear or headers for something else. Personally I'd go for the rear in hopes of trading for something you need. Second would be headers.

Your 12 bolt is a better rear than a 10 bolt.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
Denee007

Thanks Dave, now if the man will just call me! That's all I need, another rear axle laying around! I guess I could try to trade it for a radiator, hmm, or, darn, I can't think of anything that I could trade for! But what if his rear axle looks really good and decked out with rear disc brakes! oh gosh, i'm dreaming again! ; ) It's probably really rusty and the gears inside are not any good~! hah, I'll probably never hear from him! getting all excited for nothing!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
BigDan3131

If the ten bolt is one with the 8.5 inch gear its just as strong as the twelve bolt.
BigDan3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Denee007

Well, he didn't make it out today I spoke with him earlier and said he come out in the morning. He'll be bringing the headers~ and that's ok. If they are new and in the box like he said, well, I doubt I'd use them, but I'll look at them and take them on trade. IT's be nice to get the seat out of my garage~
dne'