The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
DBear

Dbear's '71 4x4 Burb with some USA Military Diesel

Here you go Burb fans.....finally starting my Project build thread! This is a 1971 4x4 Burb, originally came with 350/350, but have recently implanted a 6.2L Military diesel motor and a beefed-up'd 700R4 behind it. This has and is gonna be a wild ride for me.... very challenging, but I think it will be a pretty cool daily driver.

Bought this Burb in New Mexico about 2 years ago and just started working on it this past spring. It is the Mint Green color originally, but PO had some gold-ish color paint put on it, which I not a fan of....will sand it down eventually.

I have a 67-68 GMC front clip that will be installed in very near future. I just like the 67-68 style hoods and grilles on both CHEVY and GMC's. No offense to you 69-72 fans, just my opinion.

I will also be adding an hydro-boost braking system from an '86 Burb.

Just wanted to prelude this thread and will be adding pictures, etc....in the next couple days. I have had a lot of help from the guys on here up to this point and hope that my build can be of some help to someone in the future.
DBear is offline   Reply With Quote