The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
shifty
Questionable

Front suspension + brakes + wheels/tires - CHEAP

Hey all - Do me a favor and take this off my hands...you can have it for $150 OBO, but I prefer that it's gone by this weekend!

I'm just figuring it's worth bare minimum $125 for the front suspension and $125 for wheels and tires, buy I'll sell it all for a discount at $150 which is not only fair, it's STUPID on my part! With the shape this thing is in, you don't have much work on your hands to clean it up and use it.

What you're getting is an entire front suspension from my '68 C10 half-ton, and even some steering components. This includes

- (4) American racing 15" wheels, not sure what this style is called (see pic below)
- (4) Dunlop tires with good tread (70% or more)
- Stock springs, never heated, never cut
- Front crossmember which has (4) add'l drilled holes for GenIII mounts
- Upper and lower control arms + stock balljoints, little or no rust
- Drum brake setup (6 lug), needs some cleaning, lots of grease, which means no rust.
- (1) Heavily used power steering gearbox which can be used for a core to get a new one

Basically, this is everything you need to unbolt your old crossmember with everything attached, and bolt in this new one. If you want my brand spankin' new Moog/FedMogul tie rods and sleeves and freshly Painted center link (Rustoleum hammered silver finish) kick me another $50 and they're yours also.

Pics of the wheels and tires:
http://satellitehead.com/gallery/dis...=72&fullsize=1

Pics of suspension (ignore the non-power gearbox):
http://satellitehead.com/gallery/dis...228&fullsize=1

Pics of the front crossmember:
http://satellitehead.com/gallery/dis...253&fullsize=1

http://satellitehead.com/gallery/dis...254&fullsize=1

Finally, pics of the greased up control arm(s) and drums:
http://satellitehead.com/gallery/dis...238&fullsize=1

http://satellitehead.com/gallery/dis...318&fullsize=1

Any interest?

I CANNOT SHIP. Need it picked up.

(NOTE: Power steering gearbox and engine pictured are NOT included )
Attached Images

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-29-2008 at 12:28 AM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Hart_Rod

Re: Front suspension + brakes + wheels/tires - CHEAP

That's a good lookin' truck! Tell me again, why did you tear it apart?!

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 02-26-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #3
shifty
Questionable

Arrrggghhhh!

You know what sucks? I've got the new 73+ xmember sitting on the floor in front of it, and I can't bolt it in because I don't have room to put the old one (hence why I'm selling it!)

This is a very delicate process, you see

I have my LS1+T56 paired up and blocked up near the rear driver's side framerail. I can't tear down the rear suspension until the LS1+T56 is moved. I can't move the LS1+T56 until I get the new 73+ xmember installed so I can install the engine/tranny and measure up where the tranny xmember will bolt in, allowing me to weld up the add'l holes in the frame I made from the ECE xmember. And I want to notch the frame, but can't do that as easily until the rear axle is gone. Going back to the beginning, I can't get that rear axle out until the engine/tranny is moved

Someone buy this thing. Please The future of my marriage and my truck depends on it

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-27-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:24 AM   #4
Hart_Rod

I hear scrap metal prices are pretty good right now..............

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 02-27-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
shifty
Questionable

I thought about it, but it would be a shame to scrap this front end. it really, truly is in good shape, and so are the wheels and tires. Hell, I'd take $200 just to keep from seeing this go to the scrapper.

Oh - here is a reminder of the space I'm confined to work within.

The wife's car is on the other side of the cab, with a bunch of crap piled up so she can hardly get out, and the entire 73+ front and rear end is now filling up area to the left of the frame

Old 02-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #6
Greg63
Enjoy your truck

I would grab that front end in a heartbeat if I could get to it.
I am a little too far North of you.
Good luck.
Greg
1 Corinthians 10:13

1963 Chevrolet 1/2 ton
2010 Camaro SS/RS
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Greg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:52 AM   #7
shifty
Questionable

Thanks

Old 02-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #8
shifty
Questionable

Oh - and if anyone doesn't want the grease, I can pressure was it before you leave with it

Old 02-27-2008, 02:49 AM   #9
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
The wife's car is on the other side of the cab, with a bunch of crap piled up so she can hardly get out, and the entire 73+ front and rear end is now filling up area to the left of the frame
I can't believe you didn't make her sign a pre-nup stating the entire garage was a "man-zone"!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:57 AM   #10
chrislehr
Engine n00b

So those are 6 lug wheels?

If you decide to piece and ship, I would gladly take those (and tires) off your hands.
chrislehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 AM   #11
shifty
Questionable

She totally gives me free reign, the only catch is, she needs to be able to park in the garage.

You gotta understand - my garage would be twice as deep BUT my builder is an idiot, I'm not an A/C expert, and I don't want to use a sump pump in my basement because when they fail - and they always inevitably fail - everything floods.

See the wall that my bed is against? It has nothing but an HVAC unit and empty basement behind it. I would love to blow it out!

Here's the catch: See where that metal pipe comes through the wall? From that point, the next 3-4' towards the bed (stretching to the gap in the bed) is a gigantic HVAC unit and all the drain pipes exit out the wall to the left.

In order to keep a good sloping angle on the drains, they had to be put around center wall...which means I could only take out the bottom 4' section of wall. In this case, it could actually work just to get the frame in some more, but ... not gonna do it.

If you're a licensed and insured HVAC guy and you live around Atlanta and want to help me find a legitimate, fail-proof workaround, I would love you till the end of time ... OR trade you a nice rust-free '68 front suspension for it!!!

Last edited by shifty; 02-27-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:03 AM   #12
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehr View Post
So those are 6 lug wheels?

If you decide to piece and ship, I would gladly take those (and tires) off your hands.
Be aware, the clearcoat is coming off the back side of the wheels. They will probably need to be pressure washed, Powerball'd, then re-clearcoated.

If you can figure out a way to cheapy ship four wheels and tires to TX and you want me to part this out, I'll take $150 for the tires and wheels if nobody else buys this in the next week as a single unit.

I can take pics of the clearcoat peel if you need to see what I'm talking about.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:12 AM   #13
Hart_Rod

"OR trade you a nice rust-free front clip for it!!! "

What clip are you talking about???
Old 02-27-2008, 03:14 AM   #14
shifty
Questionable

Erm, sorry, "front suspension". Guess I better edit that

Old 02-27-2008, 03:56 AM   #15
stonewall618
Just loves his truck.

damn! i wish i had the cash for the tires...those are the ones i have been looking for

and if you could hold them i could drive to alanta in about 2 weeks...ill see if i can get the cash to get the...i should have my blazer out of the shop by then to make the drive...nvm...i thought alanta was only a 8 hr drive from cleburne...not 12

EAGLE SCOUT FTW!!!

Last edited by stonewall618; 02-27-2008 at 04:02 AM.
stonewall618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #16
shifty
Questionable

lol. seriously, if shipping was around $100 for freight (which sounds about right), you'd spend well over $300 driving here and back...would make more sense to ship freight.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:35 AM   #17
shifty
Questionable

*bump*

Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #18
stonewall618
Just loves his truck.

tru...do you know what the back spacing is?

EAGLE SCOUT FTW!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #19
shifty
Questionable

Not a clue. i think the wheels are 15x10, not that it helps, and if BS is the distance from the outside lip to the center, it's probably around 3" BS?

Old 02-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #20
shifty
Questionable

I'd let this entire setup go WITHOUT the tie rods and center link for $150. That's like buying a used set of tires and wheels and getting a complete front suspension for it.

Again - don't want to ship.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #21
Greg63
Enjoy your truck

Quit teasing me with this.
1 Corinthians 10:13

1963 Chevrolet 1/2 ton
2010 Camaro SS/RS
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Greg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #22
shifty
Questionable

Sorry man, it's gotta go! $150!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #23
mr.wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
Sorry man, it's gotta go! $150!
I want all the front suspension and eng cradle, I think I have a friend in the Atlanta area that can pick it up and ship it, if not, I will pay for the shipping and your time.

214-641-0396 Wilson

1972 Cheyenne LWB, 350ci TH-350.
Restoration in progress.
mr.wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #24
stonewall618
Just loves his truck.

i juat want the rims...idk about the tires...but i dont have that much cash atm

EAGLE SCOUT FTW!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:34 PM   #25
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.wilson View Post
I want all the front suspension and eng cradle, I think I have a friend in the Atlanta area that can pick it up and ship it, if not, I will pay for the shipping and your time.

214-641-0396 Wilson
Sending you a PM.