The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2003, 11:23 PM   #1
BigRusty7072

Unhappy Very unhappy customer

Recently, I ordered a few parts from Chevy Duty, because they had some good prices on what I was looking for. The glove box I got however did not fit at all. I emailed customer service, and after just over a week got a response that maybe I ordered a glove box for an air conditioning cab, which I definitely had not, besides which I know the difference between the two and got the right one. Still being polite, I emailed back answering their questions, and then never received any help. A couple of the other parts I received had the same problem.
I reordered my glove box through LMC Trucks, and am happy to say it worked perfectly, in less than five minutes. This has been typical of LMC with every part I have ever ordered through them.
I dont know if I just had some bad luck with Chevy Duty or what, but I am disappointed to say that they will not be getting any more of my money anytime soon. I dont want to have to worry about the quality of the parts im receiving for my project in the future.
Just thought I would let everyone know. Be careful.

72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4
BigRusty7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:31 PM   #2
dion
72 Cheyenne

I've bought a couple of things from them, the parts were good but the packing of the parts was horrible, one item was broken but they replaced it no charge.
1966/67Stouts
dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
Roberty
Hot Damn - Here I Am!!

I've ordered several hundred ($1000-1500) bucks worth or parts from Chevy Duty in the past. I only had two complaints:
1. I ordered the windshield rubber with the chrome trim for my '71 and they shipped the rubber without the trim option. It was several months before I noticed it and they swapped it out but it cost me return shipping even though it wasn't my fault. They stated if I had noticed it in a timely fashion they would have paid the return shipping.
2. I ordered a replacement antenna for my '71 and the one I received was a very poor substitute for the original item - It looked nothing like the original. I ended up using it on another truck that I had (A beater '70 C-10 that I had then).

I was well satisfied with everything else that I received from them and they are much cheaper than LMC on their parts.
Some of the best deals on new parts that I ever got were from Golden State at the Spring Charlotte Auto Show. They cut their catalog prices drastically for the shows!! I bought my interior kit from them and saved a bundle.

Roberty
'70 C-10 - My Grandfather bought it new - original un-restored
Roberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:44 PM   #4
70cst10_05

i am pleased with the quality of the chevy duty parts i ordered, full door panels and seat cover(original) i have seen lmc seat covers and i dind't think they looked very good, one thing the guy that recovered my seat for me said that the first time they sent the door panels, they were folded over, which therefore the chrome was bent and broke, so they sent new ones.
1972 Chevy Suburban K/10

2019 Silverado 2500 Duramax

Kevin
70cst10_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 01:29 AM   #5
Piston
Account Suspended

I'm lucky enough to have both in the same town
Chevy Duty is about a 30 minute drive (im on the south side of KC and CD is on the north side) and I drive right by LMC on the way up there (its about 5 minutes from my house).

Sorry to hear you had bad luck with CD, I definatly would try them again. LMC is just too high for what seems to be the same product most of the time.
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 02:47 AM   #6
69 Short Fleet

I just got a large order from Chevy Duty and I'm VERY VERY happy with them. I'm building a showtruck and am a pretty picky customer when it comes to quality. The new dash pad, steering wheel, seat upholstery, and carpet are really nice!!! I bought a new inner and outer grill from them about 6 months ago and was damaged in shipping (twice) and they were exellent with their service, I will do business with them again, later Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 06:49 AM   #7
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

One of the first things I bought for my truck was a new glovebox from Chevy Duty along with a heater control rebuild kit new wiper arms and blades and some other bits and pieces. I have to agree that the glove box was p**S poor fit seeming to be slightly too small, but I kept it as I kinda thought that there would probably only be one manufacturer of these and that they would all be the same. Everything else was good apart from the nice stainless wiper blades, looked great, worked really badly, barely smeared the water around (and this is with new arms). Give em their due, they sent me a replacement set (and I live in the UK, so it cost them a few dolars in the shipping) The second set were as bad so now I just put them on for shows and have a set of modern bosch wiper blades for day to day driving. Overall I was happy with the service from them, but some of the parts left a little to be desired, this was also before I was aware of some of the great vendors that inhabit this board!

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 07:06 AM   #8
hughnews1

i vote for chevy duty... i returned all my 69 stuff for FULL credit.. Now getting ready to order for the 71
hughnews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 07:18 AM   #9
Seke69
Space Cadet

so the general concensus is that chevyduty has good customer service but their parts are iffy? that sucks, 'cause they have pretty good prices... what about patch panels, are theirs any good?

"...hell I can sh*t in a box and stamp a guarantee on it..." Chris Farley, Black Sheep.
Seke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 08:44 AM   #10
Blue Beard

Could be someone binned the part wrong, but customer service needs to be priority.

I order the american made part and payed the price for it on my bike.

They were in the same bin with foreign made part (which were cheaper), was sent the junk. Needless to say went back.
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 10:12 PM   #11
BigRusty7072

Thanks for all the great replies! Maybe I just had a bad run with Chevy Duty. I know one thing though, I trust the good people on this board, and for that I may give Chevy Duty another chance. Thanks again for all the help?

72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4X4
BigRusty7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 10:37 AM   #12
racedvl
Account Suspended

www.classicheartbeat.com

www.gmcpauls.com

These are the 2 places I buy my parts from.
racedvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 12:05 PM   #13
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

I like the Truck Shop in Ca www.truckandcarshop.com I've orders lots of $$$$$$$$'s in parts from them with NO problems. Just stay away from there body panels there all tiwan crap, other than that I've gotten ALL good stuff.
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote