The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
67resurrection

Hello again from BC

Last time I loged in was 2006....Wow time flies. Still havn't done much with my truck so I figured if I posted somthing it might give me some incentive to actually start pulling some wrenches in 2011. Anyway, I have a dark green 1967 Chev LB fleetside, origionally with a 292 4spd std 4:11 positrac. I am the second owner of the truck and purchaced it back in about 1986. It has roughly 90,000 orig miles on it and still sports its origional faded paint. The truck is currently parked in a field and hasn't been driven it since the mid 90's when the motor threw a rod.
I purchaced a 350 a few years ago from a friend and was in the process of rebuilding it with great hopes of seeing the 67 start to come back to life. Long story short, life got in the way and I had to move so the project was stalled once again and the truck still sits in the field.
As of the last time I worked on the 350 it was bored 10 over and I purchaced a cam and lifters (can't remember the specs right now). Had my Holly 650 double pumper completely rebuilt and found an older offenhouser semi high rise with a oil fill spout on E-bay. I ended up tossing the heads as they were pretty much useless (low compression smoger heads). Now to start looking for a new set of 70-72cc 194's and roller rockers.
My overall goal for the truck is to do a full frame off restoration and yes I will be doing the restoration and paint work myself.
I am going to maintain a fairly stock appearance with emerald green paint, chrome grill, bezzels and bumpers (rear factory sport bumper) and no side mouldings. I plan on dropping it about 2" and installing 4 wheel disc brakes with 16x10 rallys. I'm not sure what I will use for a transmission yet but the old 4spd is definately coming out and being replaced with somthing a little nicer shifting. The old fuel tank is also comming out and a blazer tank is going in the rear. As for the interior and accessories, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.....at this rate not for a while....lol.
Anyway, I will try to go to its current resting place and take a pic or two of it to post up before I get it towed home.
I'm looking forward to checking out everyone elses projects and posting my own, hope to get to know a few of you along the way.
67resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
scotts62
One day...

Re: Hello again from BC

Hey from OKC!

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
1ATony

welcome to the site
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 AM   #4
geezer#99

Welcome fellow canuck and bc'er. Where in BC do you hail from.
geezer#99 is online now   Reply With Quote