The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Bow Commander

Any input on this 67' C10 I'm going to look in to?

Hey there,

I'm going to contact the owner about this truck. Looks like he lowered the price from 6k to 4.5k but forgot to update the body of the message.

Anywho, what do you think? Seems like a nice truck for the money.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/3548236562.html
Bow Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
54blackhornet

Re: Any input on this 67' C10 I'm going to look in to?

Oregon has some good trucks for those of you looking back east ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
srvivor71

If it's as nice as it looks in the pics and everything works right and the body is rust free and straight, I would pay $4500 for that truck all day long. I love the 283 / 4 speed combo too. It might actually get better than 12 mpg...
srvivor71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
Bow Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvivor71 View Post
If it's as nice as it looks in the pics and everything works right and the body is rust free and straight, I would pay $4500 for that truck all day long. I love the 283 / 4 speed combo too. It might actually get better than 12 mpg...
Duly noted srvivor, thank you.

Pictures can sure be deceiving. I already learned that the hard way on another C10 I found on craigslist.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Not too nuts about the Pep Boys mirrors.
Tough to tell about anything else.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

The pics look very good, certainly worth a closer inspection in person. Don't put any stock in the 77K miles claim though, no way to tell unless he has complete documentation since new.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Bow Commander

Thanks for the input. I just noticed the mirrors. I'll keep that in mind about the 77k claim.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
srvivor71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Commander View Post
Hey there,

I'm going to contact the owner about this truck. Looks like he lowered the price from 6k to 4.5k but forgot to update the body of the message.

Anywho, what do you think? Seems like a nice truck for the money.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/3548236562.html
Just checked... The seller has now dropped his price to $3700. Like I said before, if the truck is as good as the pictures look, this is a REALLY good deal now.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
Bow Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvivor71 View Post
Just checked... The seller has now dropped his price to $3700. Like I said before, if the truck is as good as the pictures look, this is a REALLY good deal now.
I saw that too! Thanks for your input. I'm going to call him today. I'm really crossing my fingers the Chevy Gods will come through on this one. I would lower it a bit and put on white smoothie wheels with beauty rings. Here's the pics for anyone not wanting to click the link.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I just noticed the mirrors. I'll keep that in mind about the 77k claim.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mirrors are an easy fix. You can get both sets of original style arms, screws, gasket, and round mirrors for like $75 total
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
67swb72klb

thats a steal if it is as good as the pics look
i would get moving on it good luck
Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
Billett

I agree with these guys. If it's as nice as those pictures make it look you are practically robbing him. Hope it works out!
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #13
srvivor71

Quote:
I saw that too! Thanks for your input. I'm going to call him today. I'm really crossing my fingers the Chevy Gods will come through on this one. I would lower it a bit and put on white smoothie wheels with beauty rings. Here's the pics for anyone not wanting to click the link.

Good luck! I'm dying to hear how this works out for you. Don't leave us in suspense!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
joesgreen67

What's that on the fenders? are they marker lights? Certainly not original......67 = no marker lights
joesgreen67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
Mr Chevorlet
Rusty Nuts

I would pay 4500 for that, it is a steal. if its not hidding something under the skin or body

Larry
Mr Chevrolet
My Build, The Marathon Truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=604414
Mr Chevorlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #16
Bow Commander

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I just got off the phone with the owner. He said his Aunt bought the truck locally and used it to only haul pellets about once a month. She owned it for about 12 years and gave it to her nephew in her will. Sounds like he would love to restore it but it he is moving to Spokane in a few weeks. I get the feeling he's just really trying to get rid of it before he moves.

He said the bed is original wood. Or at least old. So that needs to be replaced. He said as far as he knows the miles are correct. He doesn't have documentation of it, but he said his aunt rarely drove the truck so he believes it to be true. Crack in the dash, headliner is in ok shape. He said it runs well. Said the only thing added to it that he knows of is power steering. Rocker panels in good condition. No substantial dents.

I'm going to look at it Sunday morning with an inspector. He only charges $25 to go look at it with me and give him input. I might cruise by the guy's house and look it over before Sunday.

Last edited by Bow Commander; 01-30-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #17
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I just got off the phone with the owner. He said his Aunt bought the truck locally and used it to only haul pellets about once a month. She owned it for about 12 years and gave it to her nephew in her will. Sounds like he would love to restore it but it he is moving to Spokane in a few weeks. I get the feeling he's just really trying to get rid of it before he moves.

He said the bed is original wood. Or at least old. So that needs to be replaced. He said as far as he knows the miles are correct. He doesn't have documentation of it, but he said his aunt rarely drove the truck so he believes it to be true. Crack in the dash, headliner is in ok shape. He said it runs well. Said the only thing added to it that he knows of is power steering. Rocker panels in good condition. No substantial dents.

I'm going to look at it Sunday morning with an inspector. He only charges $25 to go look at it with me and give him input. I might cruise by the guy's house and look it over before Sunday.
Sounds like a solid truck. That being said, it IS a 45+ year old truck. You're not buying a lease return Lexus. You're going to have problems. It is going to break. Where you're taking an inspector and based off some of the other comments you've made, am I correct to assume you aren't very mechanically inclined, or interested in doing repairs yourself? I don't want you to pass up what could be the cleanest old truck you could ask for, but at the same time, you need to go in to vintage truck ownership with a realistic view. If you can't or don't want to work on the truck, be prepared to pay. Also, be prepared to accept it for what it is. There's no clock. No navigation. No fancy stock radio. And frankly, that's one thing I love about it. I've got my newer Audi for that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #18
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I agree it looks good for the money.Also heed Mr.B's advice .

BTW are you related to Duck?
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #19
Bow Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-B View Post
Sounds like a solid truck. That being said, it IS a 45+ year old truck. You're not buying a lease return Lexus. You're going to have problems. It is going to break. Where you're taking an inspector and based off some of the other comments you've made, am I correct to assume you aren't very mechanically inclined, or interested in doing repairs yourself? I don't want you to pass up what could be the cleanest old truck you could ask for, but at the same time, you need to go in to vintage truck ownership with a realistic view. If you can't or don't want to work on the truck, be prepared to pay. Also, be prepared to accept it for what it is. There's no clock. No navigation. No fancy stock radio. And frankly, that's one thing I love about it. I've got my newer Audi for that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Very good info thank you. You are correct that I am not mechanically inclined. I'm looking for my first classic car. Everything I've owned so far has been modern fuel injection, but I have tinkered with them a bit. I wouldn't necessarily be paying a shop to do everything. I have a tendency to over research everything. Paralysis by analysis if you will. So, if a repair seems above my head after researching it a bunch, then I would take it to my mechanic. This truck will be solely used for Sunday drives, and local cruises with my 5 year old boy and lady friend. As long as it runs well, and looks *pretty* good I'll be happy. I've also considered buying somebody else's already restored truck. My maximum there would be around 18k. So, if I buy this truck, I wouldn't mind putting some money into it to get it how I want. I just don't want a ton of rust and lots of gauge, transmission, dash control quirks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bow Commander; 01-30-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
quick60

That would have a 6k price tag around here and if you waited till sunday at $3700 youd be to late.
quick60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #21
Bow Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
I agree it looks good for the money.Also heed Mr.B's advice .

BTW are you related to Duck?
As in Duck Commander?

No, Sir.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #22
Bow Commander

So far I gather from you guys that the mirrors, and the little side markers on the front fenders are not factory. Anything else look non OEM? I know the pictures aren't exactly hi-def.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #23
70cst

WOW... for $3700 ... that is a very fair price. What I see just by the pictures are most stuff are easy fixes. That truck won't last long at that price unless there are issues the pics don't show. Good Luck

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #24
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Very good info thank you. You are correct that I am not mechanically inclined. I'm looking for my first classic car. Everything I've owned so far has been modern fuel injection, but I have tinkered with them a bit. I wouldn't necessarily be paying a shop to do everything. I have a tendency to over research everything. Paralysis by analysis if you will. So, if a repair seems above my head after researching it a bunch, then I would take it to my mechanic. This truck will be solely used for Sunday drives, and local cruises with my 5 year old boy and lady friend. As long as it runs well, and looks *pretty* good I'll be happy. I've also considered buying somebody else's already restored truck. My maximum there would be around 18k. So, if I buy this truck, I wouldn't mind putting some money into it to get it how I want. I just don't want a ton of rust and lots of gauge, transmission, dash control quirks.
Posted via Mobile Device
No problem. If this turns out to be as good as the pics and description, I think you've got a winner. I'd pick this over one that is 18k and done. You and your son will have something to work on and make memories with. Also, the lady friends tend to like a guy that customizes his vehicle. It really doesn't look like it needs much. You'll probably save a bunch of money over something else.

As for what else isn't stock, looks like from what I can tell the wheels and the bed rail tie hooks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #25
Mister-B
Account Suspended

One more thing..not sure if you're aware of this, but the '67 has a coolness factor to it. If you wanted a '60's era Mustang, the 64 1/2 convertible is the most desirable for most, right? With the 67-72 Chevy trucks, there are years that tend to have a coolness factor over others. Of course, this is opinion, but I like the 67, 68, and 69 the most. The steering wheel on the 67 and 68 is better looking and less prone to cracks (which is why I just installed one on my '69). The front grill on the 67/68 is different than the other years. Some call it clean, others find it to be a little less desirable than, say the '69 that has a big beautiful metal grille. Also, the mirrors on 67/68/69 are the cool long arms with round heads. I just added some new ones to to back to stock. The '69 like mine had a one year option for dark navy blue interior, with door panels that have the tooling on them and the chevy logo. The '67 has the one year only small back window. The disc brakes on the 71/72 would be nice, but I don't care for the grille or the door panels as much as the older models. '72 also has a stick on window mounted rear view mirror, vs the cool old vintage ceiling mounted mirrors.

Anyway, there's more there, and is opinion, but I think most would agree the '67 definitely has a coolness factor.
Posted via Mobile Device