The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
redneckgames

From the pasture back to the farm. 70 K10 revival

I figured I would share what I am working on. Its not really much of a project and it sure isn't a build, but it is giving new life.

To start out, this truck has been in my family for as long as I can remember. It was my grandpa's daily for years, then turned into his farm truck when he bought an 88 K1500 around 91. I actually still have that 88 and it was my daily from when I turned 16 up until 32 when I needed a crew cab for my growing family.

I can remember riding with my grandpa in this truck when I was probably 6 or 7 years old. Im the type that takes a lot of pride in stuff like that and sentimental value is huge in my eyes. For years after my grandpa passed away, this truck remained on the farm. It would be used for odds and ends between my dad and my uncles. Finally about 15 years ago, it was moved out into a section of pasture that we have a few other junk vehicles sitting.

Fast forward several years and my dad found a guy that restores old chevy trucks that was interested in grabbing our old farm truck for parts. My dad, my uncle, and myself went down, put air in the tires and pulled the truck from the pasture. A sick feeling came over me. I just couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of the truck for a measly $250. I knew I would regret letting it happen. My dad and uncle understood and we pulled it back up to my dad's house instead.

We tossed in a battery, rigged up a temporary fuel tank, and with a little either she fired right up.

Plan is to basically just get it back up to Farm Use quality and use it as needed. I'll update as we go for anyone interested. Just wanted to share my story.

Here are a few pics from when we first pulled it back to my dads. It aint much, but it means a lot to me. When we pulled it in my dad's garage this past weekend, you could tell it meant a lot to him as well.
Attached Images

redneckgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
redneckgames

Re: From the pasture back to the farm. 70 K10 revival

Truck has a 250 from a 78 nova in it. Runs smooth and doesn't smoke. Frame is actually in great shape. Bed is pretty bad, but we don't plan on hauling much in it. Left rear leaf spring is broke. Got to find a replacement for that.

Currently putting new brake lines from the rear to the master cylinder. Pads and wheel cylinders are all in good shape. We had an extra set of wheels and tires from an 88 that we are making fit (spacers + enlarging wheel centers). Fuel tank and sending unit need cleaned out. Then move on to wiring. Charging system works but there is nothing inside the truck. No headlights, wipers, blower, etc.

She does have a new battery and fresh oil change. Not trying to put a ton of money in it, just get it back up and running.

Last edited by redneckgames; 09-27-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #3
flashed

Im in for this one .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:47 AM   #4
redneckgames

Well the cheapo Rural King battery failed in 2 weeks. Good thing they have a year warranty.

Got the 88 wheels on. Looks a little goofy in back, but they are on and hold air.

Its getting there slowly. Almost drivable. Got all new brake lines put on. Got to replace the master cylinder now. Found a set of rear leaf springs, now just waiting on new U-bolts to come in. Also have to put the sending unit back in the tank.
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #5
redneckgames

Straight 6 from a 78 Nova. I don't know the story on why it was replaced.
Attached Images