The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
El Bombero

Exclamation Security, What to do?

Well, I got home from work this morning and noticed my truck had been broken into. The drivers side vent window has been smashed and the jerk(s) broke the vent window latch in the process. It looks like they tried to start the truck by putting a key in the ignition or something because there is metal shavings around the key hole. I took some pictures for everyone. right now im in the process of getting her ready for paint so please excuse the mess, The glovebox door was already off and yes, there are wires dangling everywhere. The PO's area of expertise was definately not electronics. So why is my truck still out there, and not smoldering in a vacant lot somewhere after a night of being driven hard then lit on fire to cover-up fingerprints you ask? Well I went to PNP and found a battery tray that wasnt rusted though and sent it off to the powdercoaters. So I dont have a battery in her!!!! But, eventually I will, I know the subject has been covered already, but what do you guys do to keep your baby from getting stolen? Im thinking of a fuel shut-off valve, battery disconnect switch maybe? Im just wondering if there has been any great idea's lately. A garage is not an option right now. So tell me what ya think? I work 24 hour shifts so the fort is left unguarded for a day at a time, sometimes 2 days. I have kinda been expecting this, older vehicles are just targets i believe because of their simplicity. She is not a daily driver so I really dont mind getting under her and turning valves and flicking switches everytime I want to driver her! Sorry for this being so long, I just needed to get this all out, I kinda feel better now

*EDIT* Oops, I came home and didnt even look at the forums, just got straight to writing this, It was just covered!!!

~Jeff

Last edited by El Bombero; 12-29-2007 at 08:46 AM.
El Bombero is offline   Reply With Quote