The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
BarryB

I need to know what to offer for a Burb

First off, I know I should put this in WIW area. But I need a faster response. My 2nd cousin died last week. He left behind a 68 Suburban. I told my Dad I was interested in it if it can up for sale. Well my cousins wife doesn't drive, never has. So my Dad told her that I was interested in it, and hence the question. Now I do not have any pics or can get any. So I will try and describe the best I can. 68 burb V8 (size ci's ???) 3 spd on the tree. Nothing fancy, and I am sure it will need body work. It's a runner/driver.
I want to offer his wife a fair price, but then again don't want to offer more than it's actually worth. . Help me out the best you can guys. I know it's hard to put a price on something without seeing it. So thats my dilemma

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
dan42

Re: I need to know what to offer for a Burb

Without looking at it it's tough - anywhere from a thousand dollars on up -
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
OARNGESI

I say 2k is good as long as it aint completely rusted out half gone or dont run either way its still family
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
vectorit
What?

If it has family meaning to you, then price is something very hard to place. My burb is all about family, and I couldn't put a price on it if I had to.

You might think about what she would need, rather than trying to place a standard value on the burb. Does she have debt she needs help with, or something she may need help with around the house that money/labor could take care of? You may want to try and talk to her about that, and then work out a fair trade for the burb. I think both of you would feel better in the end, if she got something that meant something to her (Be it cash or? or a little of both?)

In the end you'l get the burb, and feel good about it with out the feelings of either over paying or under paying...

Just my .02
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #5
BarryB

Definately understanding the not seeing part making it tough. I live in Northeast Tn. The burb is in Northern Va. a good 350 miles away. So getting the pics are almost impossible. And the helping her out around the house is kinda hard to do also since i am so far away.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote