The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2015, 12:21 AM   #1
LosBarberos

LMC parts

So I been searching and searching but cant really find any feed back. Hopefully I can get some help by starting my own thread.

I'm building my 61 Apache and I'm in need of weather stripping molding , ignition switch with key, rear view mirror, rear bumper with brackets , and basically small interior pieces , but most importantly I need new kick panels. The ones on my truck are in rough shape but the vents can be salvageable. So my question to you would be, how good are LMC parts? Has any of you guys had bad experience with LMC parts? Will the kick panels that LMC offer fit and work with my cable operated vents?

Thank you in advance.
LosBarberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:50 AM   #2
WOLFMANmike

Smile Re: LMC parts

ive used LMC for a few things and had no probs on my 65 c10 but i also know from being on here and reading others posts .. the rule of thumb is reproduced parts are a hit and miss . some times will require some customizing to make work right ... but i am pretty sure that the interior stuff will be just fine . like the switches and handles and mirror ... anything body tho should be factory stuff for it to fit just right ... also on the weather striping order your self some 2006 - 2009 Honda Civic 2 door only from honda no joke it fits perfect better than any others made and it clips on so no messy glues .... hope this helps ya a bit .. and enjoy building your c10
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
LosBarberos

Re: LMC parts

WOLFMANmike: thanks for your knowledge Brotha I appreciate it. As far as the 06-09 Honda Civic weather stripping , you said it will clip in and fit perfectly on the cab? 61 apaches also have a weather strip that goes on the upper half of the doors what did you use or what should I use on that part? Do you happen to know of a thread I can read regarding this weatherstripping? I'm very interested in going that route if it's a better outcome.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:11 AM   #4
LosBarberos

Any comments or reviews on LMC rear wood kit for the bed? LMC has a "spend 1k or more and get free shipping" it would be nice to get everything I need and avoid those shipping cost and over size fee.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
Thiessen1960

I can tell you I have ordered almost the entire floor for my 60 Apache and everything has fit well. My floor pans weren't a perfect fit but I truly don't expect everything to be. These parts are being made now and our trucks were made in my case 55 years ago. They were easy enough to make work though. Nothing a hammer couldn't fix. My dad also ordered fender parts for his 78 Ford F150 and the parts worked well for him as well. I also ordered quite a few parts for my 86 S10 when I had it and had good experience. All of those parts fit almost exactly without modification, but then again that was a newer truck. The interior parts I have ordered did fit great. The floor parts have all fit great with that exception I mentioned earlier. Their window seals and cab rubber I do have but have not had the chance to put on yet. I am curious about the Honda thing as well as I never heard about that one before.
Thiessen1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
53Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBarberos View Post
WOLFMANmike: thanks for your knowledge Brotha I appreciate it. As far as the 06-09 Honda Civic weather stripping , you said it will clip in and fit perfectly on the cab? 61 apaches also have a weather strip that goes on the upper half of the doors what did you use or what should I use on that part? Do you happen to know of a thread I can read regarding this weatherstripping? I'm very interested in going that route if it's a better outcome.
Here's the link to the thread.

The honda civic seals fit the 64-66 cabs perfectly. I think you need to get a little extra piece to fit the 60-63 cabs because the door openings require something like 8" more weather stripping.

Numbers 6:24-26
53Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:05 AM   #7
Free Candy Inside

Nothing against LMC as I have ordered things from them and had good service, but you may also want to check out Topbananaparts.com for body parts as they are a fraction of the cost of LMC and apparently use the exact same supplier. Common complaint is that TopBanana has horrible customer service but I'm ok with that to save a few hundred $.

As far as the weather stripping, the Honda seems to be the way to go but like previously mentioned it is a little short for use 60-63 guys, you'll have to get a 3rd seal. If you have a local pull-a-part or junk yard you may be able to find them there cheap!

Instagram: jaked937
Free Candy Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:06 AM   #8
1963c-10

I would look at Brothers, Classic Parts or Classic Industries over LMC. I have had far less headaches when dealing with these vendors. Most of them offer a forum discount as well.

Sheetmetal I'd go to Top Banana for. Small interior pieces I'd go OEM if possible and then to Classic Industries for what you can't get original.

Rear bumper brackets I'd get off the forum classifieds.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #9
WOLFMANmike

heres the link bro for the weather striping sorry i just woke up lol
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617703
Old 04-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #10
canadian_diesel1964

I've never had an issue for both Chevy or Ford parts....
canadian_diesel1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:00 PM   #11
63burban
Chevy addict

I have used quite a lot of parts from Classic Parts. Their window and door gaskets work great. The only thing I couldn't get from them were the formed quarter window gaskets for my Suburban, got them from Steele. All small parts that I got from them were nice, no problems. Sheet metal I get from Brown's of Two Rivers, close by me and good quality and price.
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #12
LosBarberos

Well guys looks like you shined a lot of knowledge and experience on this thread!. Thank you!. Overall it looks like you can't really go wrong with LMC. There's other vendors that other will personally prefer but ultimately I got to chose my own path and make the best out of it. Well thank you again this will help my decision making.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #13
Monte's62

I have used lmc and top banana and "free candy's" comments are spot on. A little cheaper but you will not be able to talk to anyone about your order, but they will arrive. As mentioned some of the other vendors are good to try as well.
Just search through the forum for all the things you need and you should find comments about the differences for and against, and you will have to weigh it out for what is best for your build. Most every part from each vendor has been tried and evaluated on the forum somewhere.
Monte's62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #14
WOLFMANmike

Hey your very welcome anytime this forum has tons of great info on it and many helpful people you cant go wrong being here good luck and have fun with your build we look forward to seeing your progress
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #15
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Classic Parts of American sells weather strip kits so you don't have to pic them piece by piece.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:54 PM   #16
Wrenchbender Ret

I like to use LMC for some things as they are close to me. I recently bought a carpet kit for my Sonoma. I got back to the shop & looked at the label & saw it was the wrong color. In took it back & they didn't have the color I wanted. I hate it when parts people do that. Do they think we are stupid or color blind?
George
Wrenchbender Ret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #17
LosBarberos

I got another question regarding ordering from LMC. So I'm in the process of ordering the wood kit for my bed. I'm confused , what's the difference between bed strip and bed WEAR strip? Angle strips are the ones that need to be welded on the side of the bed correct? And angle covers I assume cover those strips but are they bolted on? I been searching the innerweb all day and can't seem to find the answer to my question. Thank you in advance.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #18
Wrenchbender Ret

Well. After going through all the boxes that were mis labeled, they finally found near the color I wanted. The fit was horrible.
Wrenchbender Ret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #19
canadian_diesel1964

I had an issue yesterday with rear brake cables...the spring was too long and it bunched up way too much inside...I had to cut the spring etc...it's ok but the cables aren't exactly free either....
canadian_diesel1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #20
LosBarberos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBarberos View Post
I got another question regarding ordering from LMC. So I'm in the process of ordering the wood kit for my bed. I'm confused , what's the difference between bed strip and bed WEAR strip? Angle strips are the ones that need to be welded on the side of the bed correct? And angle covers I assume cover those strips but are they bolted on? I been searching the innerweb all day and can't seem to find the answer to my question. Thank you in advance.
???
Old 05-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #21
lee64

Another one I have used is Bowtiebits in Wichita KS. I shop around and try to get what looks like quality parts or another board member has had good luck with. The parts I've got from them so far have been good quality so far. Could be better customer service, but it's not "bad".

Lee
lee64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:53 PM   #22
Monte's62

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_diesel1964 View Post
I had an issue yesterday with rear brake cables...the spring was too long and it bunched up way too much inside...I had to cut the spring etc...it's ok but the cables aren't exactly free either....
I had the same problem on my dads 65. We had the same solution and just cut some of the spring off.
Monte's62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #23
par4tom

My experience with LMC has been hit and miss as well. Some parts were really good...

I did have the LMC door molding kits but for the life of me, the doors would not shut and latch after installing them.

I then pulled them out and re-did with the Soft Seal moldings. The Soft Seal's were much better to work with and I got the door to at least shut at latch. For new seals, that is an accomplishment. Its been several months now and the Soft seals are getting better and better...

Tom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7236896
Building Your Own Speaker Kick Pods
http://http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=730495
par4tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:52 AM   #24
schpeen

x2 on the civic door moldings i tried several sets until i went to honda and ordered mine. doors shut perfect now!
schpeen is offline   Reply With Quote