The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
tblazin2k5

1967 Suburban build

So here's what I got, bought a 1968 Suburban that came with a parts 1967 parts truck. Well it turns out the parts truck is actually in better shape. I have titles for both of them so I've decided that I'm actually going to build the 67. The 68 runs and drives so I'm driving that in the meantime.

So far I have stripped the suspension from the frame and pulled the frame from under the truck.

The plan at this point is to clean up the frame and use porterbuilt extreme front and rear dropmembers with airbag suspension. I will have a few patch panels to take care of on the body and I need to figure out what front end I want to use. I go back and forth between a 67 front or a 72 style front. For power I plan on using an ls based engine, having trouble deciding that as well, backed up with a 4l80e. To make it stop I plan on using disc brakes all around. As for interior I want to keep it subtle with some nice interior panels, carpet and headliner. Seating I'm hoping to go with first and second row seats from a newer Suburban or Tahoe. Wheels I'm looking at a set of 22's or 20's. Paint I want to do the top in Chrysler's cool vanilla and on the bottom Toyota's sunset bronze mica.

I will upload pictures later today. I have posted a couple in a previous thread just gotta move them over here and I have a few more to add.

Any input on stuff I'm having trouble deciding as well as anything you see wrong with the plan, would be very appreciated and welcomed
tblazin2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote