The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
yellow400ex05

Question contacting previous owner of my truck

alright I've got the name of the previous owner of my 1966 C10 pickup and want to know is there any way i can get in contact with the person? i mean having a name is a huge help, but i want to get some history on my truck.
yellow400ex05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
slepysal

Re: contacting previous owner of my truck

Google him ...........

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
BMERDOC

When I bought my 67 the title was a bit messy. The guy I bought it from bought it from someone else and he only had a short story and the name on the title. I Googled the name and address on the title and was able to confirm she still lived at that address. I wrote her a letter telling her I had the truck and my story. I included my phone number in the letter. About a week later she called and told me the story of the truck as she knew it. She was also very helpful in sending me the required info so that I could get a title for my truck.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
yellow400ex05

i tried i didn't come up with much. all i know is i've got one location with someone with the same name is a town in north carolina which is the state i bought the truck in. getting a phone number doesn't seem possible by google.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #5
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

If you can find the address of that person a letter might do more good than a phone call. The worst that can happen is it’s the wrong person and they don’t respond. With all the scams in the world today many people are reluctant to engage someone over the phone they don’t know. With a letter the recipient can take their time and decide if your request sounds legitimate before responding.

If all roads lead to a dead end, you might consider hiring a private detective, depending on the cost. They have access to records most private citizens do not.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #6
yellow400ex05

well i tired white pages and found a phone number, i'll give them a call, i wouldnt go as far as hiring somebody, thats a bit ridiculous, but the number i've got seems like a good lead, says they are older in age so odds are it may be the person that owned this truck.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #7
FetchMeAPepsi

I agree. The chances of you getting anything but an irritated ex-owner on the phone are alot less if you send a letter with your contact info on it to him, giving him the opportunity to open the door.

People don't like surprises on the phone now-a-days. And strangers calling about a vehicle they sold might make them think you're looking to sue for some work they had done or worse.
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

I found an old California Registration in my truck registered to Penn Valley Ca. I Googled the name but got no phone number. Years later I googled the name and iy came up with a patent the guy had applied for with the address matching the registration. I sent off a letter years ago with no response. I started a search on Facebook asking if anyone with the last name was related, no response. I found through the white pages a phone number of the guy with the same name and initial in another city, called and the number had been disconnected. Now there seems to be a listing for the same name in Livingston Ca. but no phone number. I was told that if you hire a private detective they are allowed to trace a vehicles vin number. Unless your have a connection at the DMV!

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
Swed

Don't know if y'all are interested..

But I feel sorry for you guys that has trouble with this kind of things.. Here in Sweden it's super easy. To make a long story short, the registration plate "tag" on the vehicle is the ID and stays on the car all it's life. (There is also a vin no on the vehicle of course but has lower value here) And if I want to check or find previous owners I run the Tag no online and get the current owner directly. If I want to have the last three owners I can order a fax online at the same time as looking at the specs for the "current owner" and car info (info no of owners, dimensions, if its legally drivable ect). I usually check the vehicles before purchase in this kind of way.
Posted via Mobile Device
* Audi A4 Avant Quattro TDI 2008
* Sachs Compact 50cc 1967
Swed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
yellow400ex05

i contacted the previous owner, i think i caught him off gaurd but i did get the info i wanted. he is glad that its in a good set of hands to say the least.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #11
64shortbed

Well i know the PO of my pickup. Their family bought it new and it stayed in the family all those years till i bought it. But the funn thing isthat the vin number was messed up from the day it was bought. When i looked at the title i couldn't find the number that was on it. After i did some searching come to find out it was the motor number. I had the highway potrol come and look at it so i could get the title straighten out and sence it was messed up from the day it was bought i am now the first owner of it. Kind of funny i got a 64 gmc thet I'm the first owner of but i was born in 75!! Lol!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #12
joeydirt

www.anywho.com
www.whitepages.com
www.beenverified.com

if he is on facebook you could probably find him if he is not try someone with the same last name in the same area and maybe they will be related.
joeydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #13
akaupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64shortbed View Post
Well i know the PO of my pickup. Their family bought it new and it stayed in the family all those years till i bought it. But the funn thing isthat the vin number was messed up from the day it was bought. When i looked at the title i couldn't find the number that was on it. After i did some searching come to find out it was the motor number. I had the highway potrol come and look at it so i could get the title straighten out and sence it was messed up from the day it was bought i am now the first owner of it. Kind of funny i got a 64 gmc thet I'm the first owner of but i was born in 75!! Lol!
Posted via Mobile Device
My '49 Styline was the same way, it was out of the system, so I was the first owner, but I'm an '85 model...
akaupp is offline   Reply With Quote