The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2023, 07:38 PM   #1
michael bustamante

Bad vibration...

So me and my daughter took the 67 GMC on its made in Cruise last night and we cannot get it above 30 miles an hour as there is a vibration as soon as it hits 30. I checked the driveline and the carrier bearing and those seem to be fine. Do you guys have any idea of what could be causing this in my 3/4 ton?

8/9/2023 ok update!!! i put on new wheels and tires.. still got the bad vibrations.. lifted the rear end in the air and my rr tire is moving a little wonky.. new tire, mounted balanced blah blah.... swapped tires and it still moves wonky. like a bent rim would but its not that. its a floating rear end, could the axle be bent and causing this? axle seal is not leaking. driveshafts look true when my daughter hits gas.. no play, carriewr bearing look s good.
Even with the rear end in the air it still vibrates the whole truck at about 25 mph... any ideas?

Last edited by michael bustamante; 08-09-2023 at 11:27 PM.
michael bustamante is offline   Reply With Quote