The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Does an El Camino qualify as a 'truck'

Ok, ok, I know ,, it's just a butchered stationwagon but.... I've got to share my new project or I'll bust. Been sitting disassembeled in my Dad's shop for 20+ years, I bought it out of his estate 2 years ago and am a man on a mission. After being in primer prison since September of last year, it came home from the paint booth a couple of weeks ago and is starting to look like something. Already have the motor and trans in, the new a/c is mounted, the s.s. fuel tank is mounted but still have to plumb the fuel. I've been accumilating parts for this for 2 years and have just about EVERYTHING to put it all back together 'better than new'

I've got a drag car, I have a reasonably quick driver (my 66 truck), this is going to be a 'cruiser'. Motor is the original small journal 327 bored +.040 (for 333 cubes) Original forged crank, stock small journal rods with new ARP bolts and F.M. hypereutectic pistons. And that's where the 'stock' ends and the 2008 technology begins. Had Jay Allen of Cam-innovations design a custom hydraulic roller to work with the Edelbrock 170cc E-tec heads, and the Holley Commander 950 multi-port injection (w/ 24 pound per hr injectors) With 9.4:1 compression and 220/226 @ 0.050", 568/.566 lift, on a 112 centerline and a 114 LSA ought to just right for that 'muscle car' idle but nothing wild,, until you get your foot into it Trans is a 700r4 built by Jake Shoemake, TCI 2400 lockup convertor, and the thing has the stock 3.41 gears, (Aubern posi on order) It won't be a real fast car, truck, stationwagon or whatever you want to call it,, but it will be fun to drive to the shows and such.

Anyways, I've been dumping a ton of effort and $'s into it for 2 years and it's FINALLY starting to look like something. I put together a quick page with a bunch of progress pictures. let me know what you think

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote