The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
KCW
1972 GMC 2006 GMC

Red face CPP Brake conversion.

I recently bought and installed a disc brake conversion from CPP. I am happy with the quality and customer service. I am unhappy about their shipping department. Many missing parts from my complete kit. Talking with others that have used this kit I have heard the same stories. Make sure you have plenty of time to wait for items that they forget to put in your kit if you order from them. They could be top notch with a little Quality control in their shipping dept.
KCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: CPP Brake conversion.

I see a lot of other reviews in this forum about them that say the exact same thing - you'd think they would wake up and get with the program. This really makes me sad, I am still waiting for that perfect "disc swap" kit for my '68 and I had hoped that by the time I got to that point, someone would have it :\

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
greasemonkey

I had a good experience with them, the tech staff is very helpful and the quality is top notch. My order took two weeks to ship, because I think they had to send the rotors out to get drilled and slotted. I didn't have any missing parts fortunately.
John
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:37 AM   #4
KCW
1972 GMC 2006 GMC

I think maybe Im just getting spoiled by some of the great vendors I have dealt with. I think they could be in that catagory with a little Quality control in their shipping department. Overall I would buy from them again.
KCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #5
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

I've been talking with them and TCI about those very issues. Quality stuff, it's just that bunch out in the warehouse. They haven't said it but, I know from businesses in general...you get what you pay for. Warehouse staff ususally isn't paid much. Although that's not an excuse, you'll see that across all industries.
I'm on day two of waiting for a response on a simple question. I'm not pressed for time. I am paying attention though. I just sprung for a complete IFS and now waiting on a complete rear end suspension. I've also bought a complete brake master cylinder/booster system from them. That's a couple of bucks total and I do want a little customer service for my money.
It's about time for a "Howdy" call from me if I don't see a response by tomorrow.
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1776
3100 special is offline   Reply With Quote