The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
scorpion1110

My Last Project

Let me start by saying thank you for letting me become part of this great community!

I have decided to do a 67-72 project. I currently have a 1972 GMC 1ton camper special- I have heard it referred to as a Longhorne. However I am looking for something special to build.

But its going to be my last project. And here is why.

About 5 years a trip to the doctors led to removal of a cyst in my throat. A botched biposy led to a diagnosis of malignant throat cancer though of a relatively low grade. 7 surgeries later with the last in February and I finally was told its incurable- though the doc says unlikely to kill me. However its a tumor that will keep coming back- and each surgery gets harder. While the tumor wont it seems, as I get older the likelihood is that the surgery probbaly will at some point. So to clear my mind and focus on something else, I have decided to do one more project- but it will be my last.

I am going to do a 67-72 shortbed.

The truck will have a 350ci with a Muncie M20. The motor will run an intake that takes 4 Weber 48IDAs with spun aluminum velocity stacks which will peek out of the hood. Think about the look of the original hotwheels redlines

It will sport 5-lug americans, have tilt, a tach and houndstooth dressed buckets.ideally its a fleetside but a step wont be turned away. All I need is complete. Condition can be average and drivetrain un-important.

So the search begins.

If any of you have or know of a short truck in the MD/VA/PA area thats reasonably priced, please ping me.

This project will be documented on the forum and I promise to post pics every week. I am not a pro but will share what I do and try and be of help. And hopefully you guys will share your insights candidly.

And if any of you is a survivor of this rotten disease, dont hesitate to drop me a note. Sometimes you just need to talk to someone who deals with the same thing. And I am a pretty decent listener.

Thanks to this very cool site for a place to learn about these trucks. As I have watched the members interact, I realized this was a group I wanted to be a part of.

And thanks for listening- be well folks.

S

The more money you make the less happiness you have.

My Build: The Little Tiger

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=630564
scorpion1110 is offline   Reply With Quote