The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
CHP c-10

Intro and pics of my build

Another try at posting my images...

Hello everyone,
-I will try this again, just spent two hours downloading pics, typing a big description etc, then the screen said I couldn't complete because there was something wrong with my log in!?
Anyway, so here is a quick description then I will post pics...
I bought a 68 SWB truck from the forum "trucks for sale" section of this forum. Probably paid a little more for it than I should have, and some of the descriptions weren't totally accurate, but I had the 'bug' bad and wanted to get started.
Pretty much a rust free truck (replaced the passenger rocker though), and straight with bad paint. I ended up removing the BBC and TH400, and blasted and painted the frame and truck (turns out there was quite a bit of bondo).
Pretty straight forward build plan to be a very nice driver. I removed the factory heat/fan and smoothed that section of the firewall. I smoothed the cab seam along the top rear portion of the cab. I filled the gas filler hole, and filled the factory side marker lights and replaced with factory cut out/lights from a 69 camaro. I am taking it to the mechanics shop this week to install a 5.3 with 4l60e from a 2005 avalanche (28K miles) this week. Then replace the rear drums with wilwoods (still waiting on parts - CPP!!) , measure and then I will order 20" 8.5 front and 10 rear Boyd Espada wheels.
I have wilwood D52 front brakes and new booster etc (CPP) installed, One piece products window kit with power, Boyd's welding under bed fuel tank with pump and sending unit.
Will install Vintage heat and air, newer chevy truck seats (with integrated seat belts)...Pic coming

My dad 'supervising' the BBC &Th400 removal

My 69 camaro with billet marker lights. I copied these for my truck marker lights

Ryan Hubbard's billet dash - un painted for now... kinda like it

Removed heater and smoothed firewall

Bed fill for Boyd's welding tank. the bed is a little rough, but will have a flush mount roll up cover

Boyd's welding fuel tank

My donor motor and trans in the back ground. install this week hopefully

One piece products tinted window kit with power option

New wilwoods behind old wheels. Will order Boyd Espada when I finish the rear wilwood swap and can accurately measure backspacing etc.

misc

Last edited by CHP c-10; 01-11-2011 at 02:13 AM. Reason: proper pic post
CHP c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote