The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
bglad420

5 lug swap Q's

OK I have a 70 GMC 1/2 ton with drums on all four. rear leaf springs. I tore the guts out of my rearend a while back for my Blazer. Now the blazers gone, and I need a rearend. A guy has a 78 12 bolt rearend. I know the centersection swaps, but what about the axles?? I know I'll have to change all the brakes over too. But heres my main Q he called me today and said I can have the front parts too, they are disc brakes. Will they bolt up?? Pretty new to forum and searching is a bit confusiong for me.

Thanks!
bglad420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: 5 lug swap Q's

It will all bolt up.There should be a complete write up on several different ways to do it with those parts.It will be located in the FAQ's section and will go into much more detail than anyone can here.Basically you can use the control arms out,or you can swap the whole front crossmember under your frame.Lots of options depending on whether you want PS and PB also.I think you can use just one set(uppers or lowers of the control arms)and if available the sway bar will work.Good luck and enjoy the benefits you get.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Ackattack

I have a whole 5 lug front suspension and rear axle for a pickup too. Let me know if you're interested.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
bglad420

I have a guy who has the stuff on a truck locally but thanks for the offer, he said he'd sell me the whole package for 250, rearend tire to tire, ALl front end components too, my truck has a 402 BB, with PS, and PB but drums on all four. The searching is leaving me really empty handed, if some one wouldn't mind posting the links to the swaps that would help me out alot.

Last edited by bglad420; 07-09-2007 at 08:59 PM.
bglad420 is offline   Reply With Quote