The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done?

I spent all day Saturday running service calls to the tune of about 300 miles. Add lots of rain and traffic and it made for a very long day. Today the skies cleared and it was time to wash trucks. I got them detailed, then hit the road again.

This afternoon I went to watch my daughter play volleyball. Her team won their pool and crossover match, so they will move up to the Gold division on the next stop.

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 01-29-2006 at 11:03 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
Army_Dude

Re: What did you get done?

Changed the rear end dope. New gasket, new lube. Tore up my dome light. Par for my course, fix something break something.
Army_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:25 PM   #3
82c10
needin' money

replaced fuel pump on the van i've been trying to get running, looked for some 88-98 trucks that i will be able to buy when i sale my car , rode in another 73-87 chevy for the first time in a while, i need to get mine back to daily driving capabilities, got more inspiration to finish building my truck, took a tour of a college, nothing really productive other than the fuel pump

Last edited by 82c10; 01-29-2006 at 11:26 PM.
82c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
SanitysBane

Truck wise nothing really, just found out that it has the 1" brakes. I spent pretty much all week helping my dad get his 70 chevelle back running again so we can have more room in the shop. Once I got that done, then it was help dad move everything around so we can put the stuff from our house in the shop for when they come to rebuild the house. Fun stuff, but I am about to seriously start working on Lucky 13.
SanitysBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:20 AM   #5
SCOTI

I worked from 6:30a Friday until 9:30am Sat morning.... I was wore out. That's the bad thing about assisting engineers w/R&D projects: even though I've been w/the company almost 18yrs (10yrs more than the most senior engineer), I'm still the low man on the totem pole (should've got that dang degree). I tried to stay awake but crashed on the couch about 2pm (listening to the rain got to me).

I went back in to work this morning to do more R&D leg-work. When I finished for the day, I took some time to re-work some accessory brackets & clean-up misc engine doo-dads.

I also possibly sold a set of 6-lug ralleys to a fellow board member (exchange pending) & figured out how much my 'Uncle' is going to donate toward my welder.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 01-30-2006 at 12:20 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:14 AM   #6
Clos'84TX
Foom, foom, foom!

Spent all day Sunday taking care of my oil pan leaking problem, installed a fel-pro one piece. A step in the right direction- no leaks yet. Beat on a lower balljoint that is seized up in my spindle. Sprayed buckets of wd40 and penitrating oil on it. Still has not released. I may have to take it to a machine shop----you win some--you lose some........
long Headers//3.73 rearend gears

Future Mods

3/4 suspension drop
Clos'84TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:25 AM   #7
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

Little more engine work and body stuff, got the taylor wire kit on, painted my front support, what a chore that was, started on my doors and cleaned the garage thanks to this beautiful spring weather Also celebrated 2nd anniversary
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2006, 12:37 AM   #8
low 84

i haven't been able to put anything in one of these threads in months but i finally did something productive. dropped the new blazer 5 inches

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #9
cliffsta
Stepsides RULE

I spent my entire day sunday from when I woke up at 1:30 until I finished at around 5, cleaning my truck. Thurough bath outside, got all the trash out inside, wiped it all down inside, took my speakers out and cleaned them, took the ex's ribbon off the mirror and peeled all but 4 of the stickers off, so only the 1980's Model Association stickers curtousy the old man, my Spitfire flame, and the Keep On Truckin' stickers are all that remain. Even pulled my floormat out and hosed it off and swept the rubber flooring.
2009 Kawasaki KLX-250S too many mods for this signature
1999 Honda Accord EX 4-cylinder, 17" Motegi Wheels 215/45/17 Sumitomo tires, Tein S-Tech lowering springs, KYB GR2 shocks, Acura TL 20mm rear swaybar, debadged, blackhoused headlights, Short-Ram Intake
Cardomain of the Accord

Last edited by cliffsta; 01-30-2006 at 12:20 AM.
cliffsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:20 AM   #10
cstanley

officially began the frame-up restoration today. after clearing/reorganizing the garage, i started with my original seat that's been in storage for the last 8 or 9 years. tore down the upholstery (what was left) and the foam. now i'm getting ready for spraywash/sandblasting, then paint.
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:02 AM   #11
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Oh yeah. One more thing I "finally" started on my motor story. Just like my truck, the story is still under construction- 77 Cheyenne meets Ramjet 350 by N2TRUX
Old 01-30-2006, 01:33 AM   #12
Jebb1978

Smile Re: What did you get done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
Oh yeah. One more thing I "finally" started on my motor story. Just like my truck, the story is still under construction- 77 Cheyenne meets Ramjet 350 by N2TRUX
Well I said it before and I will say it again. You are my hero Ken!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:25 AM   #13
Wicked Sensation

this is what has kept me from my truck for the last few weeks....
My nephew got 4th overall out of 22, and had the best looking car I must say.
One wobbling wheel kept us out of the winners circle, but there is always next year....
Attached Images

67 F100 352/3 speed
72 Nova 307- 30,000 original miles
Wicked Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #14
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Sensation
this is what has kept me from my truck for the last few weeks....
My nephew got 4th overall out of 22, and had the best looking car I must say.
One wobbling wheel kept us out of the winners circle, but there is always next year....
Daaang stranger, where have you been? That's a cool pinewood car. Did you see the post by Zumo in the general discussion forum about them?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #15
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Saturday I installed my flush mount fuel filler door, welded up one side marker and the old fuel filler hole. I was pleased with the progress.

Sunday i went to my brother's shop to help him finish up the buffing on a 62 Impala so we could send it home. Afterwards he came over and did the bodywork on the quarter panel I had "ruined (his words)by welding on. Anyway it turned out nice and I am very pleased. About 9:00 I realized that whatever was in my eye wasnt coming out on its own, so I was off to the ER to get it taken out. damn that sucks, but they got it out and it hurts like hell today.
bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 08:05 AM   #16
Wicked Sensation

Quote:
Daaang stranger, where have you been? That's a cool pinewood car. Did you see the post by Zumo in the general discussion forum about them?
I work too many 80 hour weeks. Plus we have a 3 month old daughter. It doesnt leave much time for playin on the 'puter or working on my truck for that matter. Most of the time I just scan through and dont have time to post. I will get back to my truck soon hopefully. I think my s-10 is gonna get reworked first so I can have a daily driver. BTW, nice progress on the engine, its gonna look awesome.
67 F100 352/3 speed
72 Nova 307- 30,000 original miles
Wicked Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:42 AM   #17
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Quote:
It's about time.......but admin boy locked the thread....and I had so much to add......
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:10 AM   #18
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Thanks for the update Ken...took you long enough. Truck looks sweet, looking forward for more updates.

Hopefully we won't have to wait this long for updates on the Blazer.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #19
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2billet
It's about time.......but admin boy locked the thread....and I had so much to add......
Actually that was me that locked it. I decided to get some of it posted before the comments started. You will have planty of time to correct my memory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73
Thanks for the update Ken...took you long enough. Truck looks sweet, looking forward for more updates.

Hopefully we won't have to wait this long for updates on the Blazer.
I thought it was time to sit down and do it many times, but I wasn't sure what format to write it in. I decided I wanted to write it in article form to get everyone caught up.

Once the 77 gets out of the shop, the Blazer moves back in line. Unless I put something else in the way....
Old 01-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #20
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Quote:
Actually that was me that locked it. I decided to get some of it posted before the comments started. You will have planty of time to correct my memory... I thought it was time to sit down and do it many times, but I wasn't sure what format to write it in. I decided I wanted to write it in article form to get everyone caught up.

Who do you think I was talking about.......YOU (admin boy)

Once the 77 gets out of the shop, the Blazer moves back in line. Unless I put something else in the way....
Oh yeah?
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:59 AM   #21
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspecialZ
Little more engine work and body stuff, got the taylor wire kit on, painted my front support, what a chore that was, started on my doors ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonaker
...EDIT: A couple of pics...

The old engine right after it came out.

The new engine almost ready to put in.

The engine is in now, and I'm just hooking everything back up.
Looking good, A..Z & Slonaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush
Saturday was spent mounting the TBI, drilling the firewall for the harness, running the harness, mounted the "brain" and started wiring the various sensors...
Sorry...no pics yet...gotta clean up the "spaghetti" wire mess I have going on under the hood right now first...
Sweet. Good to hear it's back on track.

Quote:
Good write-up. Very interesting. Sounds and looks like top-notch work.
I almost expected a smooth firewall with a Vintage Air setup.
Anyway, thanks for sharing.

BTW, too bad you can't cruise with the hood off once everything gets buttoned up. I'd hate to see all that attention to detail covered up, not to mention the Ramjet.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...

Last edited by boxrodz; 02-04-2006 at 03:00 AM.
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:26 AM   #22
Jebb1978

I had a horribly busy and stressful weekend at work. 36 hours since Friday and sucked all the way through, I didn't even get much done at work as I was too busy to do anything???? The good news is that I finally subscribed to the board and have begun to try to sell my junk to make room for the junk I just bought for the 59. On the brightest side of my weekend, I hit tripple digets for the first time in ages during a wonderful fun filled ride on the deserted State Route 51 enroute to work this morning. There are small perks to going to work at 0515 on a Sunday... Gotta love Az Riding bikes in January....
Old 01-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #23
Crush

Saturday was spent mounting the TBI, drilling the firewall for the harness, running the harness, mounted the "brain" and started wiring the various sensors.

Sunday went to my daughters Carnival at school and then out to my sisters for my brother-inlaws birthday dinner.

Sorry...no pics yet...gotta clean up the "spaghetti" wire mess I have going on under the hood right now first...

Last edited by Crush; 01-30-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #24
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Saturday was spent indoors since it rained. I worked on my computer. It has been broken for several weeks, but I have been spending all of my free time on the truck. The computer has a bad power supply. I have another one in place, but I need to re-do all of the cabling before it is really fixed.

Saturday evening was spent working on my Mom's toilets. Not much fun, but she rewarded me with home made lasagna and pineapple upside-down cake.

I spent Sunday morning with Mom at Lowe's helping her pick out some more stuff for a few badly needed repairs around her house. The rest of the day (sunny, with temps near 80 degrees) was spent on putting the truck back together. I'm cleaning, painting and rewiring everything I find as I reassemble it with the new crate 350, so it is taking forever to finish. It will be worth it when I am done.

Slonaker
Old 01-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #25
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonaker
The rest of the day (sunny, with temps near 80 degrees) was spent on putting the truck back together. I'm cleaning, painting and rewiring everything I find as I reassemble it with the new crate 350, so it is taking forever to finish. It will be worth it when I am done.

Slonaker
Sweet! Have any pics you want to share?
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote