The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
stender05

Question DII Grill Insert

New to the board. Has anyone purchased or installed a DII grill insert on a 1972 C-10? I need a new grill and like the original egg crate look, but am worried of the plastic cracking or breaking. Am I better off going with a Billet aluminum grill? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.:
stender05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: DII Grill Insert

I'd say go with what you like and want and not fret over it. Sometimes we worry about our trucks getting damaged that we never really enjoy them. My best friend has built some really nice cars over the years but I don't think he has ever really enjoyed any of them because he was constantly worrying about them getting damaged or on the last one he got to where he didn't want to drive it because it might get dirty and he didn't want to get it wet washing it. I lost track of how many extra steps and probably miles I walked because I always parked the 48 where the grill was protected by a post or the truck was parked so someone couldn't bump the grill. My son ended up backing his ElCamino into the grill in the yard when he got up to go to work after he had towed me home the night before and hadn't moved the Elkie after we took the chain off. He backed into my Cad Deville coupe running out the door to go to work and not looking behind him when he backed up a few months later.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
stender05

Re: DII Grill Insert

Thanks mr48chev, good advice. I don't plan on making a show vehicle, just a good looking runner. She's really rough now but trying to do a little at a time.
stender05 is offline   Reply With Quote