The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
fdbdw

vaccum port question

71 c10,350, hei, auto

New manifold eld Perf EPS and carb eld 1406 should be comming in the mail today, was wondering wich port to use for the dizzy and also if I should run the trans vacum line to the port on the carb or use the port on the manifold like it is now, I was also wondering if the timming should be more or less advanced with the new set up, with the stock manifold and 2bbl roch I am at 12btc due to the altitude and hei, never done this project before so any help would be appreciated, thanks
fdbdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
chris71

Re: vaccum port question

Edlebrock says to use the passanger side port on the front of the carb for dist and the driver side front for trans. do not hook anything up to or plug the vaccum port right below the electric coke housing, they told me that that port is a controlled vaccum leak to prevent the choke housing from overheating and melting. i dont know how they are configuring the manual choke carbs though if thats what you have. i would read all the instructional and information that they give you including the dvd, some good stuff there as far as troubleshooting tips/ tricks. good luck
'71 C10 long-bed fleetside
'83 long-haired brunette wife
chris71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
fdbdw

just got off the phone with eld tech he said to plug up and dont use the manifold vac on the #8runner for the trany, plug trans vac line to the passenger side port on carb and dizzy to the drivers side of carb, this is the backwards from what the video on the eld website said, anyone have input
fdbdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Wrenchbender Ret

I would use the one on the manifold. It has a larger opening 1/4 in. It just sends a signal to the trans. & has no vacuum flow that would disturb the fuel mixture to the individual cyl. The dist. can be hooked to the ported out let or full vacuum. It varies from engine to engine. Use which runs the best. Generally with an automatic trans. the ported works best & full vacuum advance at idle works best with a manual trans.
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote