The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
hugger6933

Seat Idea

I was at the sale today looking at a 2012 Colorado 4x4 wrecked to buy, and sitting next to iot was a 09 Toyota Tundra crew cab truck. I normally don't even give these trucks a second look but I used it [the hood] to sit my soft drink on while I looked over the Colo. Well after looking at the Colorado and collecting my drink off the Toyota hood, I started to walk away and stopped a looked a this truck. It was a 09 crew cab Tundra SR5 blue in color and had a tan int. so I got to looking at the int. Real nice front seat. Then the wheels started turning, I wondered if anyone had tried to run one in their truck? So I went out to my truck grabbed my tape measure and made some measurements. I also put a tape to a Dodge truck sitting real close by knowing full well that people have indeed put late Dodge truck seats into 67-72 trucks with some success. The toyota truck seat looks better in every way and is almost the same size just a fraction of an inch [like1/4] all the ways I looked Than the Dodge. So if you have a chance to try one out you might want to give it a try, I think I will look for one, the seat I saw was a 40 20 40 fold down center console. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
donandal

Re: Seat Idea

I have an 02 Tundra with that seat...
it is very comfortable, in fact I like it better
than my wife's car for long trips.
I had the same thought of using one for my 53 five window
pickup, as it seems it would fit fine.
I may try to locate one to use if I don't use some buckets
I already have.
donandal is offline   Reply With Quote