The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
LikeARock

Cool 1968 C-10 Custom Frame

I am trying to get rid of 68 C-10. I began a full frame-off restoration on it a few years ago. The frame has been sand blasted and coated in a dark metallic grey. All suspension components have been blasted and coated in a midnight blue, which I had planned to paint the body when I was finished. I have a sway bar for the front end and I have added power steering from a 76Chevy pickup. The front suspension has 2.5" lowered spindles with 3" lowered coils, and new shocks. I started running new stainless steel brake lines, finished the rear brakes and most of the fron brake, excluding the section leading to the master cylinder. I have also upgraded to 5 lug disc brakes in the front. The rear suspension also has lowered coil spring from CCS.

The motor is a 283, as far as I know the lower end had been rebuilt shortly before I bought the truck. I replaced the heads with a pair of 1.94 fuelie heads, complete with a new valve job. It has an edelbrack torquer manifold with a 650 cfm holley (vacuum secondaries). It has some chrome dress up parts, headman headers, and thrush mufflers. When it was running it ran perfect, was pretty quick to!

I have converted the truck to a 5speed manual tranny, T5 from a camaro. A new custom driveshaft is installed. I do not know much about the rear end, the brakes are good and I haven't every had any problems with it.

As for the cab, it is destoyed - too much rust and a brialliant idea to make it a convertible. The bed is in okay shape. Have all other body parts: hood, brand new fenders in the box, brand new rocker panels in the box, brand new dash in the box, custom seats, 4-point harnesses. Have all original wiring, window glass, doors, handles...etc. Also have a ton of extra parts and misc parts.

Anyway, This has been my project since I was 16 and I have a lot of time invested and will only sell for a reasonable offer.

Chris
fidlerchris@yahoo.com
(858) 735-5503
San Diego CA, 92040
Attached Images

LikeARock is offline   Reply With Quote