The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #1
rideair

LMC Chrome Tail Light Trim?

Has anyone purchased these "Chrome" tail light trim rings from LMC?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csb/full.aspx?Page=107

If so, what were your thoughts?

Paul
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
TKCR

Re: LMC Chrome Tail Light Trim?

I did and they are perfect. Fit was perfect.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:33 PM   #3
rideair

TKCR,

Thanks! Based on your feedback, they are now on order.

Again, Thank You!

Paul
Old 01-07-2017, 02:57 AM   #4
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
TKCR,

Thanks! Based on your feedback, they are now on order.

Again, Thank You!

Paul
Your welcome. I know a lot of people get nervous when buying from LMC. I have seen a lot of complaints about their products. I have gotten a lot of stuff and spent a lot of money there. I have only had 1 issue, knock on wood. I had ordered the billet dash bezel overlay & trim for the dash and doors. The dash bezel did have several nicks in it. They sent me out another one right away and said that they didn't want the other one back. I ended selling the nicked one on Ebay for a less than perfect part.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #5
ninety6

I needed one of the rings... but didn't want to spend a bunch. I got a cheap ebay taillight lense that included it for $10.22. I put the trim on my existing tail light, and now have an extra tail light. Fits fine, looks good. I'm trying to keep my truck as original as possible for now, but this was a pretty basic piece. just a sliver of aluminum (I think), so i went the cheap route!

I'd have to look at mine again, but it looks like those LMC ones are probably more shiney... more of a chrome look instead of polished aluminum. in my case, the less shiney matches the original a little better. of course swapping both it doesn't matter much.
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:55 AM   #6
rideair

ninety6,

My reason for going with them was I've just done a paint job, wet sand/buff (no orange peel) before putting back any stainless it was polished, all new door handles, bumpers, seals, etc... I even polish the front trim pieces to a shine as well and wanted the tail trim to look really good. The rear can be tricky to polish since they are so flimsy, one wrong move and it becomes a twisted piece of junk (ask me how I know ;-))

paul
Old 01-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #7
ninety6

nice! Yeah, i would have wanted to the better ones after all that -- for only a few dollars more... what i really wanted was just another old one that wasn't anything special -- but it couldn't find any that weren't crazy priced!

I actually have the original one, and it is a twisted piece of junk too.. not sure what happened, but it was in the truck when i got it from my uncle. Obviously no way to repair it once its bent/ripped up!

I'd imagine trying to polish wouldn't go too well... I do have some little polishing wheels with my dremel.. might have to keep that in mind for some of the other trim pieces i need to freshen up... hmmmm...
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #8
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninety6 View Post
I needed one of the rings... but didn't want to spend a bunch. I got a cheap ebay taillight lense that included it for $10.22. I put the trim on my existing tail light, and now have an extra tail light. Fits fine, looks good. I'm trying to keep my truck as original as possible for now, but this was a pretty basic piece. just a sliver of aluminum (I think), so i went the cheap route!

I'd have to look at mine again, but it looks like those LMC ones are probably more shiney... more of a chrome look instead of polished aluminum. in my case, the less shiney matches the original a little better. of course swapping both it doesn't matter much.
Nothing wrong with going that route.