The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
RamboHern

First C10 Project

I am new to this forum and I am new to complete restorations. I recently bought a 1948 Chevy 3600. I was thinking about keeping it the long bed and the body the same. I also bought a 1985 C10 long bed that I was going to use the engine, rearend and other components from. I wanted to use the frame but I see nobody has posted how to or their experience on using a c10 frame. I've seen that people have done it but it's not as popular as the s10. The width would work if I used offset rims and I can make the length work by moving the reared. I would just like y'alls input on how to do this and ways to make it easier.

I had hoped to pretty much just use all the components of the c10 frame, from the frame to the brakes and all the steering. I know that I would have to change some things and fabricate some parts to get the cab on but I wanted it to be reliable and a daily driver.
RamboHern is offline   Reply With Quote