The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
tucsonjwt

FYI -Free Oil

O'Reillys has free to cheap oil on sale (using O'Reillys gift card rebates) for the next week or two, and Trico Force wiper blades (the new fat, flexible kind) with a $20 gift card rebate. It's not the name brand oil - Peak and Valvoline NextGen, but I am not particular about oil in my old truck. Plus, they throw in a free Microguard oil filter. Limit 2 rebates per customer.

I am always looking for deals so I thought I would pass this along. With name brand oil at about $5 per quart it seems worthwhile to me.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
silvereagle07

Re: FYI -Free Oil

Thanks dude. I am always up for some deals.

'84 GMC project truck
'85 Chevy 4X4 SOLD
'07 Chevy Trailblazer SS

5th Annual SHPHC Car/Truck Show Pics
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=543605 UPDATED PICS! CHECK 'EM OUT
silvereagle07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
rwhit57

So you have to pay for it, then send in for the rebate? I suck at sending stuff in. Sounds good though.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Fixwhataintbroke
Enthusiast

On the topic of O'Reilly and oil, i just got hired there (literally first day was last monday)..anways, if memory serves, up until may 31st if you bring in used motor oil and buy at least 5 quarts of valvoline nextgen or w/e the recycled oil is, they give you a $20 gift card, 2 max per household, i believe its also a mail in deal to get the gift card, i'd have to check when i go back in saturday

1979 Chevy C30 w/ carb 454.
1992 Chevy K1500 w/ tbi 350. *Sold*
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ Magnum 360 *Sold*
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgment." - George Washington
Fixwhataintbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
tucsonjwt

Yes, you have to mail in the rebates and include original receipt, but O'Reillys gives you duplicate receipts at checkout along with the coupons. I find all of the companies live up to their promises on the rebates - I never had one not come through, but I always follow the instructions to the letter. I plan to use the O'Reilly rebate cards to buy more "free" oil or other "free" stuff in the future, so no more cash out of pocket for a while, just recycle those rebate cards, or sell the cards at a slight discount on Ebay if I get tired of stockpiling. I did have some trouble with one of the local O'Reilly stores not understanding the rebates and ringing up the order wrong, but they were real busy and I just told them to void the order and went to another store. That second store was also busy, but the store clerk knew exactly what to do and made sure everything was correct - even went to the back room to get me some boxes to fit all the oil and filters.

I went for both the Peak oil (10 qts.), Valvoline NextGen (10 qts.), and one pair of Trico wiper blades. I think I will go back for another pair of those Trico wiper blades - they seem to work best so far - just like the new vehicles, big and fat, wipe smooth. We'll see how they hold up in the desert heat - I usually get 6 months tops on a pair of wiper blades before the fall apart.

I got 10 qts of Mobil oil from O"Reilly a couple of weeks ago with a similar deal, so I have 30 qts. of oil in the shed now, along with 6 oil filters. My BB takes 7 qts., so I stock up. I still have 12 qts. of Shell oil in the shed from about 5 years ago, so that makes about 42 qts. in storage, along with about 6 more various oil filters from previous deals, plus a couple of air filters and breather elements. I take advantage of all the free (or nearly free) stuff I can get. As long as I am using the same 10W40 oil I don't care about the brand, as long as I don't mix the brands in one oil change.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote