The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
chevymotocross

Wheel alignment has me bugging!

I posted a lengthy post in the suspension forum with barely any responses at all. I'm going to post here and consolidate.

I lowered the truck last year, 4.5/6 and got an alignment shortly after. I saw the guys do the alignment, shimming and all, gave me a printout and I was good to go. Truck drives straight as an arrow.

Problem is, the driver side wheel sticks out further than the passenger side. I thought I'd let it maybe settle in, but there has been no change.

I verified that they are the same wheels, I even swapped them, with no luck. I then noticed that the aftermarket fenders I hung last year, do have different gaps at the fender-hoodline. The driver side has less gap than the passenger side, which could be contributing to the wheel looking kicked out more. I loosened all the fender bolts and tried to pull it out some, but it was a no-go.

The front tires are 235/60/15 on some aftermarket alloys. I was planning on swapping oem rally's on with 255/60/15 but I'm afraid the driver side will rub on big bumps since the wheel sticks out.

I'm going to have it re-checked for wheel alignment soon, but what do you guys think? Here are some pics:

Driver side wheel sticking out:

Passenger side nicely tucked away:

Driver side:

Passenger side:

Passenger fender gap 2 nickles and penny:

Driver side fender gap only 1 penny: