The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
Robznob11

Re: 67-68 Standard & Cowl hoods are Junk

So are the good fitting 2" cowl hoods out now. I have had pure heck with my current one. Never could get gaps correct. Pie cut it....and always suspected it was to long.....
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:37 AM   #2
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robznob11 View Post
So are the good fitting 2" cowl hoods out now. I have had pure heck with my current one. Never could get gaps correct. Pie cut it....and always suspected it was to long.....
Hi, Rob
Yes they are I'm surprised dad didn't come on and post about it ( although with moms pancreatic cancer chemo over with he's been kept rather busy taking care of her and getting her to all her appointments from the damage caused by cancer, Whipple surgery, and now the tremendous side effects of a extremely aggressive chemo treatment therapy that's destroyed muscles & bones) Thank GOD though she is in remission currently....... So we've all been burning the candles at both ends here trying to keep everything going smoothly.

67-68 Steel Cowl Hood NEW RELEASE MADE FROM ALL NEW TOOLING as of July 2018
Part # 19624414
Found on the following page of our web site
http://www.gmcpauls.com/cowl_hoods.htm
Now back to printing out last nights orders so they can be prepared to be pulled and shipped.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #3
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
Hi, Rob
Yes they are I'm surprised dad didn't come on and post about it ( although with moms pancreatic cancer chemo over with he's been kept rather busy taking care of her and getting her to all her appointments from the damage caused by cancer, Whipple surgery, and now the tremendous side effects of a extremely aggressive chemo treatment therapy that's destroyed muscles & bones) Thank GOD though she is in remission currently....... So we've all been burning the candles at both ends here trying to keep everything going smoothly.
I'm getting ready to go thru the same, with my mom.
Shes waiting for the surgeon to call with a date for whipple surgery.
The last week has been emotionally draining.
And we are just getting started.
I'm glad your mom is in remission,...

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #4
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I'm getting ready to go thru the same, with my mom.
Shes waiting for the surgeon to call with a date for whipple surgery.
The last week has been emotionally draining.
And we are just getting started.
I'm glad your mom is in remission,...
Keith I'm so SORRY to hear your going through the same as we've been through as it's such a aggressive cancer with the worst survival rates of any cancers with only 8%-21% surviving 5 years if they are lucky enough to be in the 15% that can even have the whipple procedure ( depends on treatment and who's doing treatment most places average 8-10% survival for 5 years with surgery). Early diagnosis and aggressive targeted treatment are keys to survival we've learned. Dad upon learning of it devoted days to weeks learning everything about it and treatments. Luckily they caught my mom's early ( June 2017 diagnosed, operated June 22nd 2017, chemo began 5 weeks later along with immunotherapy treatment and chemo treatments almost took her life 3-4 times) while the tumor size was right at 2cm, and only 1 lymph node involved. Make sure if at all possible she has whipple done at a hospital that does these regular as survival rates to survive surgery alone are far higher 90%+ at those that do them on a regular basis weekly compared to hospitals that only do a few a year having 15-20% survival rates on the surgery. Thankfully we had Bren Simon Cancer Center at IU in Indianapolis for her surgery and chemo and dad & her flew & drove to John Hopkins in MD for immunotherapy treatment. Be sure to ask the surgeon to have the cancer molecular profile done so they can do targeted chemo treatment based on those results.
PanCan is a excellent resource
https://www.pancan.org/
If you need further information on this or just support please contact me or dad through our email address robbinspd1199@yahoo.com
Dad's learned a ton and had the Dr's surprised on his in depth knowledge of treatments. Our families Prayers are with you now and in the future.....
Paul Jr.
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
jhrusk

Prayers for all involved
Old 08-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #6
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Keith I'm so SORRY to hear your going through the same as we've been through as it's such a aggressive cancer with the worst survival rates of any cancers with only 8%-21% surviving 5 years if they are lucky enough to be in the 15% that can even have the whipple procedure ( depends on treatment and who's doing treatment most places average 8-10% survival for 5 years with surgery). Early diagnosis and aggressive targeted treatment are keys to survival we've learned. Dad upon learning of it devoted days to weeks learning everything about it and treatments. Luckily they caught my mom's early ( June 2017 diagnosed, operated June 22nd 2017, chemo began 5 weeks later along with immunotherapy treatment and chemo treatments almost took her life 3-4 times) while the tumor size was right at 2cm, and only 1 lymph node involved. Make sure if at all possible she has whipple done at a hospital that does these regular as survival rates to survive surgery alone are far higher 90%+ at those that do them on a regular basis weekly compared to hospitals that only do a few a year having 15-20% survival rates on the surgery. Thankfully we had Bren Simon Cancer Center at IU in Indianapolis for her surgery and chemo and dad & her flew & drove to John Hopkins in MD for immunotherapy treatment. Be sure to ask the surgeon to have the cancer molecular profile done so they can do targeted chemo treatment based on those results.
PanCan is a excellent resource
https://www.pancan.org/
If you need further information on this or just support please contact me or dad through our email address robbinspd1199@yahoo.com
Dad's learned a ton and had the Dr's surprised on his in depth knowledge of treatments. Our families Prayers are with you now and in the future.....
Paul Jr.
Thank you SO much for the info.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:43 PM   #7
mygmctruck1

Quote:
Hi, Rob

67-68 Steel Cowl Hood NEW RELEASE MADE FROM ALL NEW TOOLING as of July 2018
Part # 19624414
Found on the following page of our web site
http://www.gmcpauls.com/cowl_hoods.htm
Now back to printing out last nights orders so they can be prepared to be pulled and shipped.
Paul Jr. @ GMCPauls

I don’t like doing this but can you give me the name of your supplier for the 67-68 Chevy hoods ? I hate asking but I have a supplier right in my back yard who can get me the hood and save me $100 + bucks of shipping cost . And he said I can inspect it before I take it .

So can you help me out with that .

Thank You

Gary

Last edited by mygmctruck1; 01-27-2020 at 08:51 PM.
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote