The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
72gmcshorty

opinions on LMC?

From a cost point of view, LMC seems to have some of the lowest prices on products. I live in Canada so I'm going to have to pay shipping/duties anyway. I've compared their prices to some of the vendors near me and LMC is cheaper. Is there any reason I shouldn't go with them. I'd rather support the vendors here but it's my money at the end of the day. I'm only looking at buying generic stuff like window/glass rubber gasketing, door seals, etc and body mounting kit for my blazer so is their a quality difference I'm not aware of? Thanks. And if any vendors price match even better.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
BB72CHEVKT

Re: opinions on LMC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gmcshorty View Post
From a cost point of view, LMC seems to have some of the lowest prices on products. I live in Canada so I'm going to have to pay shipping/duties anyway. I've compared their prices to some of the vendors near me and LMC is cheaper. Is there any reason I shouldn't go with them. I'd rather support the vendors here but it's my money at the end of the day. I'm only looking at buying generic stuff like window/glass rubber gasketing, door seals, etc and body mounting kit for my blazer so is their a quality difference I'm not aware of? Thanks. And if any vendors price match even better.
I bought a repop gas tank and sent it back. Only 3 of the 8 holes would line up. It cost fifty something US dollars to ship back when they only charges 20 something to send it.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
energiesource

yeah i ordered the wrong valve covers, my fault but to return them would cost more than the part itself.
the local places around here charge too much and with the canadian dollar as high as it is, i dont think the pricing would be that different. most of the places around here, like scotts super trucks charge double for probably the same product so im unsure of what to do as well
energiesource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
I've compared their prices to some of the vendors near me and LMC is cheaper.
Maybe, but alot of their stuff is Cheaper too (Quality that is) There is
no doubt they have the best detailed bathroom buddy catalog. But your
in for a ride on their customer service and quality. I have used Tim since
day one on here. He has met or shattered their prices, When I call 9 out
of 10 times I talk to him not some Minimum wage idiot, and their service?
Well let's just say it's one of the best in the biz This is just my $.02

Tim Christian @ Christians Classics

Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
energiesource

maybe try this place? its closer to you i think
http://www.peninsularestoration.com/
Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
72gmcshorty

Is there really a qualtiy difference in window gaskets and door seals and rubber body mounts though?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
energiesource

most of the stuff, like repair panels and all that come from the same place, so im sure those would be the same.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
BigDaddyDave
RIP BigDaddyDave ~7-23-09~ You will be missed~

I have had good luck with LMC,I get what I ordered and the prices seem to be competitive,and some times even lower than others.I agree,we all should support the board vendors when possible,but like most I am on a budget and I have to get the best prices I can, or my truck would never get finished.As far as quality goes,I think most company's deal with basically the same manufactures.
BigDaddyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #9
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
http://www.tri-proautomotive.com

ALOT LESS.... Same products.. Fast.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #10
k2c1959
OLD FART(I GUESS)

Quote:
ive bought tons of stuff from Early Classic, The Paddock, LMC, Kennys, Year One, etc etc, I have no complaints at all about LMC, and I get my stuff in 2 days from them. I've found they are basically all the same in products, Its a matter of preference. I dont think one outshines the other, just from my experiences, maybe in customer service, but I know what to order before I order it and do it all over the internet, no phone calls needed.
1972 LB Fleet

....RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH A SKETCH IS TO ART....
k2c1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
70jimmy

I have ordered from LMC many times and have never had a problem. I can order online and usually get my stuff in 3-4 working days and they will send you a ups tracking number also. I have had a problem with a board vendor misplacing my order for an expensive wiring harness though. A lot of the parts come from the same place anyway.
1972 CST Blazer 350/350/205 tach, ac, warn 5687 winch, light yellow with saddle interior
1972 CST Jimmy 350/4speed/205 dark olive with olive interior
70jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #12
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

they have never gotten an order right on my stuff. NEVER.
Do a search, you'll get lotsa bad news.
I'm sure they are mentioned a time or two in here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...splay.php?f=26
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #13
72highlander
Sophomore Member

never ordered from them, but agree with longhorn about bad rap on the forum. i prefer to spend a little extra to deal with site vendors that are one man operations that care about us and these trucks. just my .02

these trucks don't need vacuum gauges cause they don't suck!
two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left
all i want is a little more than i'll ever get
it's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
72highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #14
hogrocket

I've used LMC numerous times by ordering online. I have had no problems receiving my orders and the parts were all as expected. On one occasion I returned a vent window due to the rubber not sealing properly. I returned it and was refunded (including shipping) with out any issues. I ended up ordering the rebuild kits for the vent windows and to my surprise, found it to be a relatively simple job. As most parts do come from the same place all you can do is shop around. It seems that shipping is what usually makes things so expensive. Some companies like Manes Truck Parts charge actual shipping. but you still have to compare the totals.
hogrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #15
fastom
That's right, it's Copper!!

I have used Early Classic on about 90% of the parts I have gotten for my truck and could not be happier with them. They go out of their way to help me, from ordering parts to returning, or just questions. I have returned parts that sat in the shop for year because I found I didn't need them or didn't want them.

Terry at Early Classic has been the BEST!! I may pay a little more, maybe not. It just doesn't matter when you know that you WILL be taken care of.
I know LMC would never help me like ECE has.

Just my two cents.
fastom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
Spoof

I've ordered from Wes at Classic Heartbeat and Early Classic in the states. I have considered GMC Pauls but I think he stopped shipping to Canada some years back so I haven't bothered. I have used Scotts Super Trucks for a lot of stuff and Penninsula Restorations just down the road. Canadian vendors will be having a tough time until their prices drop to a price approximating the US prices with shipping costs. That shouldn't be to hard to figure out?
Personally I would like to keep my money close to home but there's limit, secondly I would like to support small business rather than LMC but theres a limit to that too!
I think my next order for a my wiring harness's and electric fans will be going to Wes@Classic Heartbeat. I may even consider a GMC grill?
I think we owe something to site supporters everything being equal.

Last edited by Spoof; 10-08-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Spoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #17
ole school

ill never deal with them again. i waited two weeks on cab bushings which should have taken 3 days to get here. i drove to southern kentucky classics in ky to get my parts. when they did arrive i sent them back for a refund

1968 crew cab build (under construction)
ole school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #18
jkade

I ordered a chrome front bumper and opened the box and it had a scratch on it. I called them up and told them about it and they sent me another free of charge and let me keep the one with the scratch and it is just a minor scratch.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #19
northerngmc

I have bought 95% of my parts from Scott's Super Trucks in Penhold AB.

When I decided to paint my 59 GMC I put together a parts list and then sent it to five places, 2 in Canada and 3 in the US. Scott's was the cheapest out of all of them.

What I also like about Scott's is all he deals in is Chev/GMC trucks and a couple of times when I asked him about parts I had seen advertized elsewhere, he told me that he had brought them in but due to quality he had returned them.

Service is worth something, and when there has been a problem with parts from Scott's he has always fixed the problem. One I remember is my wiring harness showed up without the codes printed on the wires, he simply exchanged it and he paid the shipping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
http://www.members.tripod.com/P-wee/index_032.htm

1.61803 is one H of a lot better than 3.14159, no really it is!
northerngmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #20
1970cstblazer
All stock and staying that way

Lightbulb Re: opinions on LMC?

I have never had any issues with LMC, but their prices on many items are high.

I just placed an order with Mother Truckers for a couple of parts for my Cheyenne Super.
1970 K/5 Blazer CST 4WD, Bronze, 93k ACT. miles, 350, 4 speed, positraction, 16.5" x 8.25" wheel option, tilt, tach, vacuum, AM/FM, manual throttle...Dad ordered and purchased new 4/70. Currently frame off restoration in progress...

1972 Cheyenne Super 20 2WD, DK Blue/White, 90K ACT. miles, 402, TH400, 4.10 open, tilt, tach, vacuum, A/C, AM/FM, manual throttle.. A mostly original paint never rusted Texas survivor...

2017 Sierra 1500 SLT 4WD, Black, 41k miles, 5.3, 6L80E, 3.42 LS, 20" polished wheels, everything but moonroof and 6.2...

2019 Canyon SLT 4WD, White, 60k miles, 3.6, 8L45, 3.23 LS, 18" wheels
1970cstblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #21
Billla
Account Suspended

I've done a fair bit of business with LMC and their alter ego, Vickie Brit. I've generally found their quality to be "eh" - not bad, but often not what I expected. For example, I bought some Cheyenne style side markers, and the chrome trim came off in less than a month. The ones from Wes have been perfect.

I also kinda hate that they will sell you a 1/4-20x2" bolt for $4.00 rather than just putting the standard bolts sizes in their exploded view and making honest money from parts you can't get from NAPA. I do use the catalog regularly for the exploded views, and I do still place orders...but I've moved to working with local vendors whenever possible.
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #22
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

I live just down the highway from them (90 miles to their door) and I can go to their counter and buy my parts. I compare at that time, the piece to what I already have and decide then whether or not I want it. I also belong to a local Truck club and LMC gives us a club group pricing on the "Over the COunter purchases". They are good to deal with in certain areas, but some of their items are not a perfect Repop.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #23
rophle1

I've ordered from board members and also from LMC. I'd buy from both again with no hesitation. I'm on a budget like everyone else, so I always price shop for the best deals. I would love to stay loyal to the board members, but I have to stay loyal to my wallet and truck, which wouldn't get complete otherwise, first.
rophle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #24
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

My momma always told me to not say anything if I couldn't say anything nice.So i will just say that i find the LMC catalog to be a great source for exploded veiws.I also find that BB vendors are cheaper than LMC, but mostly because if you deal with one of the BB members all the time they tend to take care of you and in the long run you will spend less than if you dealt with LMC all the time.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #25

I live in Kansas City where LMC is at, so I use them quite a bit. Also use Chevy Duty. No shipping for me, so I go there on my lunch break or on the weekends and it's a deal. Regardless of what anyone says, all the stuff we buy comes from the same manufactures, so for me, it's whoever is cheapest. The guys at both places are very nice and helpful. May not know much about the products, but I do my homework and don't stand at the counter with a bunch of questions, thumbing through the catalog looking for part numbers while they wait on me either! Only problem I had was a bad expansion valve from LMC and they took it back 4 months later no problems. Don't listen to the bad raps, I would use either LMC or Chevy Duty. Can't speak for anyone else. Good luck.
92470 is offline   Reply With Quote