The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
jwhitfield

Smile Blazer People....

Lately the wife and I have been intertaining the idea of getting a 72 Blazer 4x. We currently have a 72 4x lwb truck. I'd like your ideas on the general worth of an apparently clean machine. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics, but thought if I gave a decent description, someone might be able to give a dollar value. Yesterday I stopped and looked a 72 that was sitting in my area with a for sale sign. The body and interior looked to be in very good condition. While talking with the owner I was given a lot of info about the vehicle, he was very forth coming in the things he didn't like about the truck. Seems he hasn't owned it very long, but purchased it from a long time friend. The engine is a relatively new rebuild and ran great although he though the warrenty was possibly expired. It drove good and 4x seemed to work with no problems, 350/350 factory air (a big plus in so. cal.). Wiring seemed ok without having climbed underneath and looking. The things the owner didn't like were: The top leaked along the top of the windshield, he friend rolled the vehicle on its side and replaced the sheet metal with aftermarked pieces, so the lines and gaps didn't fit quite well. He purchase the vehical for 8500.00 and is advertising for 8000.00 obo. Sorry for the length of thread, but if any one has any input, I'd appreciate it.....Thx JDW
jwhitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:59 PM   #2
Davy

Without more info about options, add-ons, etc. I would have to say that there must be more Blazers in your area selling for much less.

Put another way...seems a little high at first glance.

Just my opinion.

Davy

Looking for NOS items for my CST restoration.

Last edited by Davy; 08-18-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:12 PM   #3
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Sounds expensive for a truck that has been on it's side. I'd also pop the top off and see how much rust is under it on the windshield frame. It sounds like things may be a bit out of alignment. For $8000, you can get a very nice rig.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:23 PM   #4
jwhitfield

Thanks for the info, I definately need to bone up on my Blazer knowledge...
jwhitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:42 PM   #5
bpmcgee

J,

I don't know about how the zipcode inflates the price, but $8000 would be a SUPER clean Blazer.

The Blazer in my avatar I bought 6 months ago from a guy in Michigan. It has very nice sheetmetal, decent paint, but needed new rubber bits. Recently rebuilt engine. My price was $4700.

If it leaks from the windshield, it probably needs new rubber around there. That's all available still.

I think you're making a good decision, though. These Blazers are a lot of fun!
bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:59 PM   #6
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

check out collectorcartraderonline.com to see what Blazers in your area are selling for. Common problem Rust areas are the rocker boxes (between the rocker panels & frame), Windshield, floor boards, rear bed floor by tail gate. I paid $4K for my Blazer. Needs some work but a nice starting point.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote