The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
GAc10boy

"Big Al" '70 Long Fleet

In what appears to be my never-ending saga of TADD (Truck Attention Deficit Disorder), I picked up this 1970 Chevrolet LWB Fleetside a few nights ago. The truck is my favorite color combo with the 538 Dark Blue and the white roof. The truck has super cool original paint patina which I really like. It doesn't necessarily have a cool story, nor can I document much of its history past about 6 months ago, but it was originally purchased at Paul Smith Chevrolet in Albertville, AL (hence the name). I'm suspecting it lived most of its life in and around the AL/GA line.

The truck is probably the most rust free and straight truck I've ever owned and has a really strong running rebuilt 307 with a th350. As for rust, it needs a driver's rocker, floor patch, front passenger cup and inner fender, and the tailgate is rusty at the bottom, but other than that it's in really great condition. I've never even seen an original paint, rust free rocker around here but this truck has it with the passenger side rocker. All the ones I've looked at have either been replaced or both were eaten up. The bed floor is almost perfect, too. The interior paint is very nice and dash is uncut but the seat, panels, and dash pad are all shot.

Here are a few pics. Stay tuned as I have some modest plans for it to make it a fun driver truck to cruise and haul stuff. I need to find a piece of drivers bed trim and one half of the tailgate trim but other than that it's all there and straight. First thing to go: the wheels. Then, add a sport bumper.

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build

Last edited by GAc10boy; 08-05-2015 at 11:58 AM.
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote