The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Jimmyvato

Canadian Members

Hi,
I am in Oshawa, GMC capital and am beginning to restore my 67 GMC 6 bolt, long fleetside with an original 250 auto. Do we have many members here? Most importantly, I would like advice on whether to keep my truck stock or move to new levels with power brakes, newer bucket seats and so on. I would of course love to keep the best value but don't think I will sell it later. Would like to hear from those with the experience, Thanks, In Canada,

Last edited by Jimmyvato; 01-23-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: advice from member
Jimmyvato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Mister laugh

Re: Canadian Members

You aren't allowed to post want to buy posts unless you are a supporting member, you may want to edit that out before a mod closes the whole post for you. As for originality that is really up to you, what you are after getting we have everything here from dead original to extreme customs here and lots in between so you will find support no matter what you decide. Let me be the first to say we like pictures and lots of them.
Mister laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
passthebuck
Sisyphus was my mentor!

Welcome Jimmyvato! The cool thing is Oshawa is where all the Canadian GMC's were born. As for hopping/fixing up your truck, I look at it if it's not a BB with all the bells & whistles, go for it. There’s a full spectrum of trucks here on this site that you can look at & consider in your quest for a unique ride. Good luck & don't forget to become a member ($25USD)!
-TWO 1967 GMC 910's. One with L6/3-on-the tree and the other with 355 w/435hp & a 700r4.
-a 2013 Honda Civic as my "sensible" car
passthebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
tk-mpl

I am working on a 68 C10 short box step side. It has been apart for 5 years now with multible mind changing... Slowly putting things together between family and work. I am putting in a 2007 5.3L displacement on demand engine and 4L60E trans, need to figure out a fuel system still. I just finished putting in a c-notch. I am putting in dominator air bags all around and digital air management system. Just found out that my centerlines aren't going to work cause the rear tires hit the fenders- time for 20's.... Got 2001 silverado seat for it....

Far from original, but hopely it will be great to drive if I ever get it done.
tk-mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
lumpyguy

welcome I am from London Ont I have a 69 gmc all stock drive train 6 cyl 3 speed but lowered and it will have rally wheels and satin black paint I have been working on it for a year I wish we were closer to the south to get nice cheap parts but you have Bill out your way for lots of southern parts. send some picks of your truck
lumpyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
...From Iowa, USA. I have both stock and modified trucks and I will say I have more fun with the modified ones...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
Jimmyvato

Great, thanks to all of you. I just found a 72 Chev, with pwr brakes and steering, is this a good swap or will there be issues? I have yet to dig it out and look at the frame, thought about switching the body right over, that might be interesting? Even better, is this feasible, the 72 has 3 on the tree, column shifter and all, orig has auto but would love to have the 3 spd, would it work? Thanks for the feedback,
In Oshawa

Last edited by Jimmyvato; 02-20-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add something else
Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
Jimmyvato

Hi, would like to know how to post pics, poor thing is rust and white, but would like to share, some now and some later, to see of course the difference,