The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2005, 02:14 AM   #1
OlyHeeebz

Just glad to be here...

Hello all,
Long time lurker on the board, first time posting.
Just thought I'd say Hi and post a picture of my pride and joy.
She's a '69 K5 CST with 350/350/Np205 and 3.73s. Doublewall top too.
I bought her with about 60,000 original miles, and she just passed 100,000 a few months ago. Found it in Yakima, WA with very little rust. It was originally a police vehicle and had a funky paint job. The guy I bought from put a metallic rootbeer color that i've grown fond of, but it's thin and needs to be repainted. Since I got her, i've replaced the original engine with a new GM Goodwrench (not that beefy,but with HEI ignition and dual exhaust), 4" Rancho lift, 35" BFG's on 15x8 American Racing wheels. Added the rollbar and Kayline softtop. Replace the original seats with buckets + console from a 1999 Tahoe. It didn't come with a read bench seat, so I put some forward-folding buckets on custom mounting bracket. I cut the dash (I know I know - shame on me) and put in modern CD player and speakers in the rear interior panels.

Anyways, she's not shined up here and looking her best, but I haven't had access to a digital camera lately.

I'm lucky to have found this site, for the longest time I was afraid of doing this resto without any help!
Attached Images

OlyHeeebz is offline   Reply With Quote