The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
Monson

Got a really big smile about my truck today

I took it in to a shop to have them look at the steering to be sure it was tight. I thought it was but my wife drove it..yeah I know...and said it felt loose. It was fine. After the mechanic took it off the rack he came in and started telling me what great shape the truck was in. He was surprised at the low mileage (136000) and how straight the truck is. I haven't really started restoration so I was really pleased. I left and stopped at the bank and when I got out of the truck I heard a voice behind me say "They don't build them like that anymore". I turned around and it was a guy my age (older) getting out of a Mercedes. We had a talk about how easy the old ones were to work on and how solid they were. Turned out his wife worked at the bank. He asked me if I'd thought about selling it. My answer, of course, was no! I'm really impressed! Two complements in one day..Wow! And on a truck that I haven't really started on.
Monson is offline   Reply With Quote