The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2007, 04:28 AM   #1
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Talking cutting the Dash Yes I"M lower then dog sh-t

I had a clean dash in my 1972 3/4 ton truck and i'm a real big stiggler when it comes to staying factory but

there is one thing i'm not going to settle for less on is my sound system cus i need it i spend to much time in my truck
so i'm a PO i cut my dash to put a CD player in and i thought long and hard on running my Duel Nob radio and i bought a used one off ebay what a wast of money then i had a friend of mine have his under his dash and they broke in and damaged the dash and riped it off

So no matter how you look at it the old way radio is a thing of the past if you want to spend 400.00 for a radio you can't even enjoy i say NO way i dout that the dual radio is coming back and i dout that they will make a CD player that will have a dual Nob not a winning battle

I like to add one other thing if you have a 1947--1970 truck and you Modifid the front end to disc brakes well you have changed the truck the Radio is no big deal soon they may have a part that will replace the cut section out but me I just don't give a dam any more My truck i spent 9500.00 and its made to do one thing work i will beat this truck up for the next 10-15 years like i did my 1965 3/4 ton and i have gone with out CD for 8 years now NO more i want my own tunes so i cut that dam dash so if your saying every one has a choice on cutting the das we do but i dout you live in your truck and work it 40hours a week I'm a true GM buff for the last 25 years i own 15 old trucks and cars and i'm plain tired of people telling me don't cut the dash well my new thing is cutting the dash HA HA HA so there and yes i'm crazy cus it broke my heart when i did it but i have to move on

Last edited by stsalvage; 03-19-2007 at 04:31 AM.
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote