The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2019, 02:51 AM   #1
70LonghornCST

Posting Considerations

Hello there,

I just want to post a note for consideration to all members posting for sale ads. Please try to consolidate for sale postings when possible. While having too many items in a single post can at times be overwhelming to the seller (keeping track of it all, we get it), please avoid posting many single item posts when it would otherwise be possible to consolidate them into one post. The impact of posting many single item for sale posts quickly drives other members' new posts off of the first page. The first page holds 35 listings, so posting, for example, 8 single item listings takes up 1/4 of the page. While no, there is not a set number or standard of how many items would be best, taking up much of the page when it could be avoided is spamming. And yes, of course, single item posts are great, just be considerate and consolidate when possible. It works best for both buyers and sellers. Thanks and keep the great parts coming!

1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal

Last edited by 70LonghornCST; 12-13-2019 at 02:56 AM.
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:56 AM   #2
maverickmk

Re: Posting Considerations

If I may say one thing, if you have a list of items for sale, take the time to either delete the sold items or mark them sold.

Not to brag, but I don't need alcohol to make really bad decisions.

1969 GMC Short Step Side
maverickmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:06 AM   #3
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

I used to list about four or five items per thread,, but for some reason got away from that. I am going to start listing my smaller items several to a thread again. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
Harlowhead1972
Account Suspended

Great suggestions. I've had good luck printing off a number for each part, taking pics with the numbers, and then taping them to the item so that I'm sure to package and ship the correct piece. Harlow
Harlowhead1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #5
CUSTOM/10

I have a few threads going right now, most have multiple items in each and it can be challenging keep the parts and the buyers all in order. Some sort of system is needed, something like Harlow said to keep it manageable. I do find it a bit discouraging when I find my threads 2-3 pages back when someone ( or a couple of sellers ) with 15 single item threads does a TTT on all of theirs at one time !

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:12 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

I'm glad something is being said about this. There are some sellers who have had half or more of the first page hogged up with their consecutive individual parts posts. It bugs me to see people doing things that make it appear they have no regard for others wanting to sell a part or two. At least alternate days that you bring a thread to the top.

And for those looking at the parts board, go ahead and check the next couple of pages so sellers don't feel their parts need to stay on the first page to be seen. You have a better chance to grab a part that made it off the first page before others could see it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:18 AM   #7
YBNORML

Didn’t Liz have a thread that was periodically brought to the top that dealt directly with this issue?

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #8
70shortfleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'm glad something is being said about this. There are some sellers who have had half or more of the first page hogged up with their consecutive individual parts posts. It bugs me to see people doing things that make it appear they have no regard for others wanting to sell a part or two. At least alternate days that you bring a thread to the top.

And for those looking at the parts board, go ahead and check the next couple of pages so sellers don't feel their parts need to stay on the first page to be seen. You have a better chance to grab a part that made it off the first page before others could see it.
2Xs
70shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:14 PM   #9
Madkidd007

I just wanted to say 2 things myself. I realized I was getting a little post happy and backed off a bit myself. But I also agree completely, the biggest thing to me is the bringing it back to the top after not even a day or two instead of letting it ride for a week or so. Point is I agree and if anyone viewed mine as too much then apologies to the forum.
Syclone killer AWD T56 LS

Paypal please pay as Goods&Services Madkidd00000007@yahoo.com
Madkidd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Thanks for noticing and doing something about it on your own. Sometimes we need to others doing a thing, and have it bother us, to realize we are doing that same thing. That's how I learn a lot about myself. "Hey, look at what that a-hole is do...…. er, I'm doing. Sorry"

Yeah, not sure if it's a cast in stone regulation, but we consider a 72 hour wait to ttt proper etiquette. Some slip by unnoticed, but we will say something about that, too. Report it when you see it. We want to know.

That cat is, there is a lot of activity on this parts board... a whole lot. Only looking at page 1 is cutting yourself short. A posting can make it's way to page 2 the first day posted. Make keeping a part on the first page less important and look through 2 or 3. There's a chance that part got missed by many would be interested members.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-14-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:47 PM   #11
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
Didn’t Liz have a thread that was periodically brought to the top that dealt directly with this issue?
Yes she did. The last bump was 2016

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=531112

I won't bring it to the top 'cause it is 4 pages long but the general consensus was 3 days for bumping a thread.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #12
CG
BlahBlahBlah

On the one hand I agree, on the other this is usually the REDS that post like this and they pay more to advertise. I do think common courtesy would prevail though. So in conclusion .. I dunno =)
Old 12-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #13
flashed

When Im looking for something I always go several pages back as lots of items never get bumped up . But I do agree with ya'll , its inconsiderate . I think I bumped my Want to buy add after only 1 day as I didnt realize it was a rule or I simply forgot .
This is my favorite forum and I dont want any issues with anyone , I love this place .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #14
anew4961

I guess it did not sink in for some people, still happening i guess everyone is a little guilty of this i will try to do better thanks
anew4961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #15
jcwren

Well, sorry for doing that with my stuff I was clearing out. Not a regular seller, and also didn't realize that it had amounted to that many posts.

That being said, when I search the parts board, I just keep reading until I hit the last of my read messages, and then use the 'Forum Tools->Mark This Forum Read', so next time around I only see new or updated posts.

I personally don't care who posts and who many and whether the stuff I was selling is on the first page or not. Stuff gets pushed down so fast here because of the traffic that, frankly, it seems pretty irrelevant.

You may do it differently, and that's fine. I'll make sure not to over-post again (although I only have my original posts to 'ttt' periodically). But this fascination with the 'first page' stuff seems pretty silly. I'm looking for parts, not who posted them, or when.

Edit: FWIW, when I see titles like 'Small Parts', I just skip them. If the title doesn't list the contents, it's of no interest to me.
jcwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
On the one hand I agree, on the other this is usually the REDS that post like this and they pay more to advertise. I do think common courtesy would prevail though. So in conclusion .. I dunno =)
They do pay more, but that is to sell more than just extra parts. They can do the unlimited buy and sell thing, part vehicles, provide services... in general they can sell for profit. BUT... this does not give them the right to overpower others who have selling rights on this site. They are to use this parts board as it was intended, a place for members-only to offer up their parts to other members. This isn't Craigslist, Ebay, or any other open to all online classified sales venue. This parts board was created as a benefit to all site members. Unfortunately, we had a few bad apples finding this place a great hunting ground to scam trusting members, so the subscription thing had to be implemented. Then came those who sold in abundance for profit, and yet another change in subscription structure. But the original intent has not changed since day-1

Tim

Old 12-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #17
70LonghornCST

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
... But the original intent has not changed since day-1
I like to think of it as a virtual swapmeet: a place of different types of sellers selling a wide variety of parts, a place to locate all those odds and ends you can't live without, an opportunity to learn things as you explore the many great parts you didn't know existed, and the benefit of meeting great people along the way.
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:39 PM   #18
maverickmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70LonghornCST View Post
I like to think of it as a virtual swapmeet: a place of different types of sellers selling a wide variety of parts, a place to locate all those odds and ends you can't live without, an opportunity to learn things as you explore the many great parts you didn't know existed, and the benefit of meeting great people along the way.
It gets expensive in here sometimes. I keep finding parts I didn't know I needed

Not to brag, but I don't need alcohol to make really bad decisions.

1969 GMC Short Step Side
maverickmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:42 PM   #19
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

I agree with Tim. While I pay more as a RED member,, that does not allow me to be inconsiderate. I checked and noticed I had myself slid into the practice we are discussing, not because I am a RED, but because I just was not being as considerate as I should be to fellow board members,, regardless of their subscription level. That being said,, start looking for hidden goodies in my multiple listing threads,, kind of like hunting Easter eggs,, but it is truck parts,,, Thanks, Fred.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:57 PM   #20
Harlowhead1972
Account Suspended

I only bump my threads when I reduce the price. It's a valid reason to bring it to the top and makes for a sweeter deal if someone wants the part! Harlow
Old 12-15-2019, 07:57 PM   #21
anew4961

what 70LonghornCST is really talking about is 1 person posting multiple signal threads when they could combine at least a few of them not trying to step on anyone's toes if you have a lot of parts its better to combine them a little better that whats being said
anew4961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:03 PM   #22
Harlowhead1972
Account Suspended

I've always considered that common courtesy and built my threads accordingly. Here is an example without ever using a TTT bump: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=790165

It's just what works for me and seems to be the proper way to handle a big mess of parts! 2,014 views and I've never brought it up with a TTT. Harlow
Old 12-16-2019, 12:03 AM   #23
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Yes she did. The last bump was 2016

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=531112

I won't bring it to the top 'cause it is 4 pages long but the general consensus was 3 days for bumping a thread.

LockDoc
WOW! That long ago? Damn, time really flies.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #24
georgieb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlowhead1972 View Post
I've always considered that common courtesy and built my threads accordingly. Here is an example without ever using a TTT bump: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=790165

It's just what works for me and seems to be the proper way to handle a big mess of parts! 2,014 views and I've never brought it up with a TTT. Harlow
I just took a look at what you have been doing and it looks super! A good example for others.
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:04 PM   #25
Madkidd007

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but thought this should come back up for people that may have missed it or ignored the title.
Syclone killer AWD T56 LS

Paypal please pay as Goods&Services Madkidd00000007@yahoo.com
Madkidd007 is offline   Reply With Quote