The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Full Retard Pt2.

The guy dropped the first of my trucks off today because he got on a trip to clean up his yard. Apparently he has another toy he wants, and he has to make room for.

Upon further examination of my trucks I now believe I have 2 10 bolt front axles, and I know have a np 203 transfer case. Either way for the money I paid I do not care. It just kind of ruins the parts I could sell. I can still get about $700 alone in scrap value from the rolled truck, and my POS.

So I am going to use the stock 4x4 set-up I have, and get the project on the road. If my cousin doesn't want the extra front axle. I will keep it for myself, and build it up later.

As for the 203 I will keep it for now, and either find a 205 or a 208 to build a doubler out of. Preferably a 205 to have the gear drive.

I will probably use a 14 bolt SF later when I can match it up to a front axle build. This way I can maximize mpg for when I have to do a long drive to go on a fishing trip. I live in the LA area so anywhere fun, and out of the way is a 500 mile round trip.

I have a set of PYO's that I will add 265/75/16's AT's too. Maybe 285/75/16's. Depends on what bargains I find, and how low the truck ends up when I have a engine in the frame. This way my combo will be more or less bullet proof for my needs, and wants.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote